1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP The Guardian - Medieval Knight XIIIc

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Luver, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Luver Member

Italy
    Let me introduce you to “The Guardian” – Medieval Knight XIII a.C. of BestSoldiers.
    This is a resin bust whose scale is not reported on the box, but I would say it’s 1:10.
    I really like the overall posture and above all the proud look of the Guardian’s face the sculptor has been able to represent.

I have currently painted the chainmail and the face, and the next step is about painting the arms.
    Any comment is very much appreciated

Other photos and information are available in my blog here https://luver.it/wp/2019/04/07/the-guardian-wip-part-1/

Thanks
    Luciano

Guardian-WIP-04.jpg Guardian-WIP-05.jpg Guardian-WIP-06.jpg
    gforceman, patmaquette, fogie and 3 others like this.
  2. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Nice piece.... veins on his arm.. Nice touch.
  3. Luver Member

Italy
    Well, actually the veins are sculpted, so that will be easier to paint.
    I am right now painting the arms, so will highlight the veins appropriately...
    Thanks for the feedback
    Luciano
  4. fogie Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Nice piece. Some say that figures/busts of this scale are easier to paint - they seem to think that the sheer size helps.
    I'm not so sure. I think it takes a lot more skill - not to mention immense confidence - to paint something so 'in your
    face' where there is absolutely nowhere to hide. There are many here who are highly skilled at things like this, and
    you are up there with them.
    malc likes this.
  5. Luver Member

Italy
    Thanks Fogie, I really appreciate!
    I do agree with you about the size. Also I used to think "the bigger, the easier" but I discovered that is by far not true! Yes a big size implies bigger details, but also bigger surfaces to paint. I am now painting the arms and, hey, it's not easy at all to properly blend colours .
    This bust also has a shield to paint and it's quite big. I am thinking to leverage on an airbrush to properly shade it (I have never done this before...)
    Thanks for the feedback
    Luciano
  6. Luver Member

Italy
    Here is a quick update. I completed the arms and the wristband adding some more touches to the face. The next one will be the lights and shadows of the vest. I am also planning to slightly change the colour of the vest and desaturate a bit to give the feeling of worn out clothing. Also the belt is missing of course.

Cheers
    Luciano

Attached Files:

Landrotten Highlander, fogie and malc like this.
  7. Henk Active Member

Wow. Superb painting and blending technique. I love the tanned and mottled skin.
  8. Luver Member

Italy