1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP The Green Eye of the Little Yellow God....

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by valiant, May 5, 2014.

1. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    HI guys,

Just some early pics of my latest flight of fancy, depicting Mad Carew from the famous poem.

Not intending to represent any particular regiment, I have taken elements from the narrative to create the main charcter as I imagine him at the moment of having taken the gem from the statue. He is in mess dress with torn shirt and tunic, as described in the poem, with tousled hair. It is implied in the poem that he was injured in taking the gem so I have tried to add tears and cuts to the garments.

Sculpted in Pro Create and Miliput over a resin dolly, with lead wire armature for the hands. He will hold the gemstone in his right hand. Still loads to do, lots of tidying up!

I am intending to make this commercial if there is sufficient interest and I have sourced some small emerald gems which will be supplied with the kit.

I hope you like it so far, thanks for looking,

Steve(y)

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      151.5 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      131.2 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      140 KB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      145.8 KB
      Views:
    Jimbo, martin tabony and Grod like this.
  2. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Oh, I forgot to add that it is 120mm scale!

Steve(y)
  3. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    He's coming along mate, stick at it(y)
    Cheers
    Jim
  4. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Jimbo, just wondering how best to make the tiny ball buttons and loops on the shell jacket....!!

Steve(y)
  5. Helm A Fixture

England
    Looks very nice Steve dare I hope to see....[IMG] as a pair of busts as you're on a Kipling kick :shifty:
    Steve
  6. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Steve, its right up my street, so Ill never say never....! The three figures as busts could look the biz! Just need to know if theres any copyright issues!

Steve(y)
  7. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Steve,
    Ref: ball buttons...How many do you need, I have some ball headed pins left over from sculpting a 1/9-1/10 bust a while ago, found they worked a treat for uniform buttons such as a Hussar etc
    if let us have your address & the amount I'll post them to you.
    the loops are best done by using thin copper wire or fuse wire glued into place, I have also had some success using duro(green stuff) rolled into very thin strips & also glued into place, sometimes allowing it to stand for 30mins once it's been rolled out so it's less "floppy".
    Cheers(y)
    Jim
    OOps!...sorry Steve just realised it's a 120mm so ball pins will be too big!!:facepalm:
  8. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Jimbo, many thanks for your input - I looked at this at work and was going to contact you when I got in from the fun factory! Ive got some pins, but, like you say, they are a bit on the big side for this! I have several diameters of hypodermic needle which I use to impress Duro, so I think it will be a case of experimentation to get the tiny ball buttons right!! I have tried fusewire for the loops with a modicum of success. Watch this space.......!!

many thanks again, for your kind offer,

Steve(y)