1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The Great War

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by carl reid, Mar 6, 2009.

1. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Awesome sculpting Carl some of the best work you have done!!!!!

Cheers David
  2. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    How about the stretcher bearer and the 'Old Contemptible' as 1/9 scale full figures?

Cast your busts in bronze if you must, but you appear to have an eager market for resin models as well!

Best wishes,

Mike
  3. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Carl, the most important question of all............!

Have you signed away the copyright?

If not, then the public have voted!

Resin, resin, resin!!!!

Cheers,
    Jon.
  4. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Hi Carl;
    Let me echo what others have said, and BEG you to find a way to do some copies in resin, if for no reason other than I don't know how to get paint to stick properly on bronze. Seriously, I would love to paint each and every one of these. What a collection! Brilliant.
  5. jjgurk Member

United-States
    I can only echo what everyone else has said Carl. Stunning works of miniature art. I have never done a bust, but the Tommy would most assuredly be my first if it were cast in resin. Please for all our sakes consider casting them.
    John
  6. Panzer Active Member

United-States
    Carl, Talk to me!

I have a resin company, let's get these things on the market!
    Chris Mrosko
    New World Miniatures
  7. Kevin D. Well-Known Member

United-States
    I would paint that stretcher bearer in a heart beat!!!!! And I don't even do busts... but would sure start with that one.

RESIN, RESIN, resin please!!

Kevin D.
  8. Kevin D. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Besides the beautiful sculpting, I think what makes the stretcher bearer so remarkable is his 1,000 yard stare... he has seen it all and is sooo tired of it.

NICE sculpting!!

Kevin D.
  9. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    i add my voice ...

if possible i would sell my back teeth for the tommy, and my front teeth for the stretcher bearer

:)

Mark
  10. currahee Member

England
    Carl outstanding work, resin casts as well please.

Phil
  11. carl reid A Fixture

England
    Thank you all

Hi Folks,

Thank you all once again for the very very kind and generous replies to these pieces.

At this stage there is no plan to cast them in resin, due to the fact it could possible dilute the impact of the bronze product. But as they say never say never!!!

Thank you all once again from a very humbled Carl
  12. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    That sound you just heard was my heart breaking...
  13. Doberdob Active Member

Excellent work Carl! Congratulaions.
  14. Panzer Active Member

United-States
    Carl
    The Bronze and Resin markets are two entirely different markets.
    Mrosko
  15. alamac Well-Known Member

Australia
    Carl. these pieces are absolutley stunning and I to would love to see them in resin as well,
    Cheers
    Alan
  16. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Carl,
    I agree with Mrosko, the Bronze and Resin markets are two entirely different markets. You could turn them into full scale figures, and then you wouldn't have to compromise........!

I note that one manufacturer has already offered to cast these for you in resin!

Good luck,

Mike
  17. Nap Moderator

England
    Great War

Carl ,
    Trying to type inbetween the sobbing , we all fully understand your reasons , and good luck with the bronze side of it ...perhaps you could post these to show how they look ...but don't forget ..if EVER they are done in Resin , I will have a SB !!!!!

Nap
  18. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Wonderful sculptures Carl!
    My compliments.

Marcel.
  19. bigtodd PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Carl,

Please, Please, Please, Make these available in Resin.

At the very least I beg of you to talk to Chris Mrosko (posted above). His Company holds a high standard and can maintain the message of the sculpt. He is one of the founding fathers of resin figures.

It is a hard and emotional descision to make. Keep in mind that you have won the respect and admiration of your work when you posted the pictures.

Thanks for reading
    Todd
  20. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Carl absolutely stunning work mate,the first bust warming his hands is my favourite but they are all exceptional.
    I would love to see the bronze casts when done,they are going to look quality.

All the best

Steve