1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The Gettysburg Project

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by IronMike, Feb 9, 2005.

1. IronMike A Fixture

Here's a link to something we're calling The Gettysburg Project. http://www.the-gettysburg-project.com/ The Project was the idea of Scott Hartwig Chief Historian for the Gettysburg National Park and miniature painter. After 6 months we are now putting the final touches on the display planning and will have the miniatures in place with an opening date of May 9.

Many more updates will be made to the site as we receive the miniatures for the display and get them photographed. We will also be adding a list of dates that artisits will appear to talk to the public about their work as well as a few demonstrations.

We are also still accepting Sponsors. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor please contact me directly at usmcmks@aol.com

Enjoy!

Mike Stelzel
  2. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    Brilliant idea. Kudos to Mr. Hartwig for having the testicular fortitude to encourage as well as participate in something "not mainstream". This is a win-win for all concerned.
  3. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    I have worked with Scott and didn't know he was a miniaturist.
  4. IronMike A Fixture

Scott is an avid miniaturist. He can be seen at the MFCA Show every year. I don't know if he's ever displayed or competed.

Where did you work with him?
  5. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    At Gettysburg, I've done a couple of internships with the NPS.