1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

the German cook

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by caramba, Nov 4, 2008.

1. caramba Well-Known Member

Poland
    Hello Guys.
    This is my latest work the German cook from Andrea Miniatures, 54mm. The figure is painted in oils and acrylics, groundwork in Vallejo. The field kitchen is old Tamiya kit.
    I hope you like it. All comments are welcome.

[IMG]

[IMG] [IMG] [IMG]

Regards
    Marcin

Attached Files:

2. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    WOW, this is superb, I have never seen one of these painted until now, very nice detail and painting, I also like the way you present your pictures
    Cheers
    Tommi
  3. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Well done and great base.
    Cheers
    John
  4. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very nice subject,good work on the vignette!!!!!!
    chris
  5. caramba Well-Known Member

Poland
    Thanks for all your comments.
    M.
  6. ArturM Well-Known Member

Poland
    Bardzo przyjemna scenka!
    Beautifull painting, Marcin.

pozdro
    Artur
  7. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    A great idea. As someone who has no great interest in WW2 figures I'm really taken with this.
    Regards
    Derek
  8. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice work Marcin. I just sold both of the variations of that Tamiya field kitchen on eBay! (horse drawn and not) You have now officially given me sellers remorse! (That's actually a good thing). I like this grumpy cook rolling up his sleeves for work. Well done.

Jay H.
    OKC
  9. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    WOW! That's really cool, I never would have thought of that and I have very fond childhood memories of the field kitchen kit. I might just have to pick one up and put some new non Tamiya figures with it.
  10. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    his face looks a bit funny, but I like the figure
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent work Marcin.

Marc
  12. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Marcin, this very well painted, considering the problems you may have had to get passed with the figure, well done. its a good idea and well finished. I like what you have done with the Tamiya Kitchen, I too had this when I was younger.

Sorry to say this guys, but yes its a good idea and yes it has been well executed, but that figure is so badly sculpted, the fingers are just like a flat piece of putty with a blade slit to create the fingers, the torso is out of proportion, and the face is all out of alignment. You have got to ask yourself, if you had sculpted the figure, would you be happy with it. If not then why pay good money for a bad figure. If I was totally honest I would have changed the head for a hornet head and perhaps had a go at the hands a bit, but that is me.

Sorry Marcin, I am not trying to deride your piece in the slightest, as I said right at the beginning, but figure choice and finish of the sculpted piece can make all the difference to a finished model, you are probably very limited to the figures that you can use in the situation that you have chosen to model. I just wish that some of manufacturers would stop fobbing the modelling world off with such badly sculpted pieces.

Sorry if this seems a little out of character, but its time we started paying good money for good products instead of being given inferior pieces and being expected to pay full price.

Dave
  13. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Excellent piece of work!

Marcel.
  14. caramba Well-Known Member

Poland
    Dzięki Artur za komentarz.
    Derek, Jay, captnenglish, vergilius, Marc, Dave and Marcel.
    Thanks a lot guys for your comments. I really appreciate it.

Jay-> The field kitchen is very old Tamiya kit. It looks not so good nowadays, but we don't have the better kit on the market. Any way you shouldn't have remorse :)

Dave-> Yes, you have absolutely right. The figure is badly sculpted e.g. fingers and face especially mouth. I had no time to replace the head, sculpting fingers etc. The hornet head will be to small, the cook is fatty. I think the better will be bigger head from old pegaso kit. But I only focused on painting figure. I started this figure to test new flesh mix, then despite imperfection I decided to finished it. ;)

Once again thanks for all comments
    M.