1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed The final cut

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by slaj, Jan 17, 2012.

1. O' Tabac Member

Italy
    Excellent!(y)(y)(y)
    I like this.
  2. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Les, thanks. I'm afraid you're wrong about horses being the same kit. I cut historex horses in quarters before going any further. The downed one even had a leg resculted due to the awkward position. Heads were heavily converted too.

Steve
  3. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Thanks guys for the feedback

Steve
  4. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Markus my friend, why so touchy? It was just a comment. If the scene depicted any other subject I wouldn't have hesitated to say the same thing. It was not intended to offend anybody. Not that I see that it should. Believe me that if you knew how many German friends I have you wouldn't have asked me that question!!!!! The only pity is that all this stopped you from enjoying the modelling side of it all !!

Steve
  5. mao A Fixture

Italy
    Semplicemente bellissima
    Complimenti
  6. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Marcus I think it is just a figure of speech, often used in this country,
    And I know thats where Im going if there is such a place,which I doubt very much. :lol:
  7. kiwi45 Active Member

New_Zealand
    Steve, thanks for the explanation, as I said I'm not a horse expert, but would love to try painting one. once again lovely work.
    Cheers Les
  8. dancap3286 A Fixture

United-States
    Great stuff Stephen...

what did you use to get the semi gloss look on the horse? Did you spray it or brush it?? Great job either way, always a pleasure.
  9. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello Stephen, beautiful piece of work as always.Love the animation,not easy to achieve,but you have.(y) Always inspiring.

Regards,John
  10. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Ron, thanks for coming to my help :):):). I'll be joining you in that place if it does exist :):):)

Steve
  11. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Les, not a problem my friend. Just ask if you need any help. I paint a lot of them

steve
  12. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hi Dan, glad you like it. I use the Vallejo satin varnish. A word of caution though. There's a fine line between getting a good semi matt finish and screwing it up !!!! Too much will go gloss !!! I just give one diluted coat and let it be

Steve
  13. P GREEN Active Member

Canada
    Hi Stephen,
    Beautiful work as usual the animation and composure is superb.(y)
    Cheers
    Paul
  14. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Thanks Paul

Steve