1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The Far Side Plaque/ flat humour sculpt

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jamie Stokes, May 26, 2009.

1. Ray Active Member

United-States
    Jamie,
    That's very close to the way I make belt material from Green Stuff. I have a small sheet of plastic with thin strips glue down each of two sides, as you plan, to keep a uniform thickness.

The airborne experiment might have worked out if the designer had thought of a parachute as well as the launch mechanism.
    lol

Ray
  2. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Well, calling this one done.

pleased with the result, even more pleased with the lessons learned.
    Mark,Ray, Roger, Ian (& Kim) & Tony, thanks for your encouragement.

Basically a quickie project, to gain something resembling sanity and serenity from the other events outside the man cave......

As for the design it may have been one of those "opens on impact" type parachutes:);)

Yep, have some ideas for more, suspect they will have to remain in the ideas folder for a bit longer, as have some work/career / house moving stuff to sort out in the immediate future

but I do have one or two little tinker projects (Courtesy of Ray) to help me stay in a state regarded as sane by fellow hobbyists, and slightly odd by my neighbors:D;)

Cheers

Attached Files:

3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    :cool: Looks great mounted up Jamie. Looking forward to seeing what else you've got up your sleeve....

Roger.
  4. Black Army Well-Known Member

Hungary
    Great result :D

Congratulations!

Cheers,
    Balázs