1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The "EPFC" English Archer

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by busso_boy, Jan 25, 2008.

1. busso_boy New Member

Australia
    For ages now i've been admiring the stella work by all that post on this forum and dreamed of being anywhere near as good as the regular posters.

Well it's still not of the same high standard as the rest of you but due to Tony Dawe's request i'm throwing caution to the wind and posting my latest guy for all to see.

For the purest's, yes i know the choice of blue for his shirt is wrong (not that you can see it but the sheild is black with a blue cross -my football teams colours).... Tony will know which one). for me its about what i like the look of, not what looks historically correct.

anyway i hope someone out there likes it, and compares it to the next one i post to see the hopeful improvement :)

Also sorry for the poor photography - just another thing i need to improve on

Cheers........Ian

Attached Files:

2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Ian,
    I think you have done a great job; If you can take some closer picture's we can comment something.

marc
  3. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    G'day Ian,

Glad to see you've summoned up the courage to show the world an example of your figure painting. The photo doesn't do your figure justice. Well done mate and let's see a few more.

If I may suggest a couple of tips that I've picked up from guys on pF; when taking photos put up a coloured cloth backdrop to draw the eye onto the figure, and see if you can get a bit closer to your model so we can see a bit more detail. Your house looks very tidy!!!!

Good onya mate.

Cheers
  4. busso_boy New Member

Australia
    Thanks for the feedback, this is the only other pic i have of the little fella

when the latest guy rolls off the paint bench i'll put a backdrop in and set the camera up on the tripod to get better images.

oh, and Kim will be most pleased you think the house looks tidy.:D

Attached Files:

5. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    G'day Ian,

So you're a Royals fan eh? (East Perth Football Club for those of you who missed the EPFC reference). Makes sense given he's an English archer:D :D

That's a much better photo mate. I'd be happy to give you some tips on painting eyes;) ;) when you're in Perth next month.

Good onya mate.

Cheers
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Welcome to the planet Ian. Excellent work on your Acher.
  7. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Ian...welcome. No need to beat yourself up. You did a good job. Just keep posting and we'll take you by the hand !!!

Stephen Mallia
  8. Mark S Guest

G'day Ian.
    Nice work on the archer.
    It'd be a sad world indeed if you couldn't wear your
    favourite teams colours into battle.Well done.