1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Wanting to Buy The Eduard Schwimmwagen 1/16

Discussion in 'Market & Commissions' started by Hauke aus Rinzeldorf, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Hauke aus Rinzeldorf Active Member

Germany
    I want to by the Plastik Kit from Eduard in scale 120mm, please let me now you have one!gruss Hauke

[IMG]
  2. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  3. Hauke aus Rinzeldorf Active Member

Germany
    Hi Steve, thanks ! But to expensive for a poor man....150 doller is ok!
    Gruß Hauke
    1969 likes this.
  4. khollar Active Member

United-States
    Good luck finding this kit. You don’t see them offered very often, and when they are, the price is usually quite high.

I built one a few years back. It isn’t a bad kit, but the level of detail wasn’t what I would have expected in this scale. It was if this was a 1/35th scale kit that had been scaled up. It doesn’t compare favorably with the Tamiya Kubelwagen. A good bit of additional detailing is required to produce an acceptable result. That said, this is the only styrene kit in this scale (to my knowledge). The only other option that I’m aware of in this scale is the MPM resin kit.

Good luck with your search.
    Kurt
  5. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    One sold on e-bay last week for 99 euro which was very cheap but it is matter of keeping an eye out for them. As Kurt has stated they do tend to sell for a very high price due to demand and availability.

Steve
  6. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Had one of these once but sadly I offloaded it (must be about 10 years or so ago now). One of those kits I wish I'd kept.

- Steve
  7. Hauke aus Rinzeldorf Active Member

Germany
    Thank you for all the answers that MPM is sure to be just as rare! but 350 euros, the eduard is not worth it .... the criticism of the kit is not good!
  8. engeee Active Member

United-States
    The MPM kit is (in my opinion) far worse than the Eduard kit. Had it and started it many times... finally gave up. Eduard’s being plastic is at least much cleaner/easier fitting and assembly. I haven’t seen the MPM version in years. I wouldn’t encourage anyone to hunt for that kit.

Just my added tidbit... lol

Steve
  9. JasonB A Fixture

United-States
    What Steve said ^
    One of the most nightmarish builds attempts I had in my early resin vehicle building careers, and that's including a Verlinden 120mm vehicle kit or two.
    The eduard kit is a good basis if you wanted to go to town detailing it. The MpM kit is... a basis for madness, murder or self harm...:nailbiting:
  10. khollar Active Member

United-States
    I’d love to see the good folks at Takom or Trumpeter produce a 1/16th kit of this vehicle that does it justice. For that matter, good styrene Jeep in this scale would also be great.

Kurt
    1969 and Babelfish like this.
  11. Hauke aus Rinzeldorf Active Member

Germany
    @ Kurt
    I already know how it will be, as soon as I own a rare floating car, one of trumpeter will come even better ..... as always in model making, I love it ..
    Hammond_Lord and Scotty like this.
  12. Hammond_Lord Member

Funny enough, I started building the Eduard Schwimmwagen a week ago and I can only echo the words you all said here. The fit is bad, at least with the one I have, the detail on the Tamiya 1/35 Schwimmwagen is far better and it requires a lot of sanding and filling with epoxy putty. I also bought a Hussar Productions resin off-road wheels which enhance the appearance for an extra mile. The rolled canvas top is also mediocre, so I used the good old tissue and PVA technique and made a new rolled top. It's not the best, but it's much better than the one in the kit. Now I will order AFV Modeller figures and will put a lot of custom accessories to try and hide all the imperfections of this kit. I expect that, when everything is finished, Tamiya or Trumpeter will issue a brand new 1/16 Schwimmwagen. And yes, I will buy it.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

(In the background you can see my son's Captain Phasma and Spiderman, as he wanted to comandeer the Schwimmwagen as their new ride;):D . )
    1969 likes this.
  13. khollar Active Member

United-States
    Funny. I think we’ve all had that experience before.

Kurt
  14. Hauke aus Rinzeldorf Active Member

Germany
    hi, thanks for the pictures and the warnings! I think I will wait for a new edition .... the wheels of Hussar are beautiful, I will buy them too. Does anyone know who sculpted the Ardennes Peiper figures? a great character set, thanks
  15. khollar Active Member

United-States
    The Ardennes Schwimmwagen Crew set is available from Meng AFV Modeller.