1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The drift named after Rorke

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by T-34/85, Jan 23, 2015.

1. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    011.JPG 010.JPG Some in-progress shots of my latest vignette. Before and during the holiday season I was blessed with some time to start and work on several pieces. I have a very ambitious air-brush campaign ahead of me.:nailbiting::unsure: The Mike French figure was graciously provided by a certain simian who knows a thing or two about this time period,;):)
    There will be two additional figures for this, plus some battlefield debris. Any suggestions/comments as always are appreciated.

Tom
    J.A.Hidalgo, Richie, Kisifer and 5 others like this.
  2. Chris Mortimer Active Member

New_Zealand
    Off to a Good start mate. Keep it up, looking forward to seeing more.
  3. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Tom,
    Glad to see you got the Zulu successfully stripped and repaired and are finally getting on with this(y) . Your other Zulu will be posted out on Monday mate. I presume you are putting the Colour Sgt. to the left of the 24th figure in the photo and lined up against the Verlinden un-married Zulu Warrior?

Is the Verlinden Zulu fixed!!!!!!

Could I suggest few changes for the Verlinden Zulu as he is going to look very static and out of place, (this is all down the way he was sculpted) compared to the other four figures. I have this figure and have just cut the blocks off to show you what you could do. The Colour Sgt. is reloading and this would suggest he's just shot the Verlinden Zulu.

1. Make sure you cut the sandals off, if not already done as they did not wear them.
    2. The head has a good open mouth and could suggest just taking the round, I would changed the angle of the head fitting to the body, I would alter to one side and slightly down.
    3. I would modify the right arm as per the photo and have this lifted as being thrown back from the force of the slug.
    4. Both legs I would cut and alter the angle (the angle depends on how far you want him going back over) were the legs meet the amashoba, the white cow tails below the knees. This will then change the whole angle of the body and will result in it going back over.

These should all be fairly straight forward modification for the conversion. Hope this gives you some food for thought mate:).
    cheers
    Richie
    2004-04-12 20.56.02.jpg 2004-04-12 20.57.07.jpg verlinden zulu.jpg
    T-34/85 likes this.
  4. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Richie, that's perfect!:) and timely too.(y) No, he's not fixed yet and I thought that he does look rather stiff, but he hopefully will give some color balance with his captured red tunic. Once again your suggestions are right on the money:happy: I'll make those changes and that will give it another action sequence on that side. I can't say it enough, this is another reason why I love this site, It's like having a large club with members from all over the world, ready to help out with projects, painting questions or anything else that another member would need. I'm privileged and lucky to have all this just a mouse click away. Many thanks again sir!

Tom
    Richie likes this.