1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The difference the background makes to your photo's

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Nap, Mar 31, 2023.

1. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi everyone

Saw this on Social from a Australian modeller Aaron Shane Joustra ref backgrounds

There's no single one that's the " go to " but he has a selection of coloured pastel papers

IMG_8172.JPG

Aaron's text ( thanks to him for offering this )

I have noticed many people struggle with getting the colour right on the pics they post.

Often the issue is not with thir camera or the lighting it is simply the background they are shooting against. Different colours can make a dramatic difference.
    To illustrate I have taken a pic of the same subject in the same light at close to the same angle against different colour backgrounds. I have A5, A4 and A3 pads of different colour card that I can use and have shown a pic of one at the end.
    These are not overly expensive and each contain a selection of different colour paper.

Might be worth having a pad or two in your kit.

Unquote

Click on pics for larger images if you wish

IMG_8158.JPG IMG_8159.JPG IMG_8160.JPG IMG_8161.JPG IMG_8162.JPG IMG_8163.JPG IMG_8164.JPG IMG_8165.JPG IMG_8166.JPG IMG_8167.JPG IMG_8168.JPG IMG_8169.JPG IMG_8170.JPG IMG_8171.JPG

Nap
  2. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Look at the one on the far right in the middle row - unbelievable. I've settled on a bluey-grey background. Some figures suit matt black as well, as it can vary.