1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The death of one, is the bread of another

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ferris, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Ferris A Fixture

Hi All,

After my crocodile vignette, here's two more of MiniNature's 3D printed animals in 1:35 scale: A cheetah hunting an impala.

I was a bit unfortunate with the impala. I hadn't properly mounted it for painting and at some point dropped it. This snapped off an ear and a leg, which I then had to repair. After the usual cursing and almost-giving-upping, I used the opportunity to change the position of the ears a bit and by remodeling the support leg on a piece of brass wire so that it could be soundly mounted on the base.

Painting done with Vallejo acrylics, using tan and ochre tones, and, hidden in the midtones, some brighter hues like orange and purple, which makes everything a bit more lively.

A really fun job to do. I can really recommend these animal models.

Cheers,
    Adrian

DSC_0746.JPG DSC_0725.JPG DSC_0726.JPG DSC_0733.JPG DSC_0735.JPG DSC_0738.JPG DSC_0720.JPG DSC_0715.JPG DSC_0716.JPG DSC_0717.JPG DSC_0719.JPG DSC_0700.JPG
  2. Robert Jan de Wit PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    Great looking vignette. Mininature maken great products.
    Very well done!
    greets
    RJ
    Oda likes this.
  3. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Really enjoying these nature topics that you are creating Adrian, excellent work.
    Steve
    Oda likes this.
  4. miniNature Active Member

Netherlands
    Hi Adriaan,

You've done an awesome job! It's always a feast to see how someone brought life to my animals.:D Super paint work and if I didn't recognized the different position of the ears of the impala, I won't have noticed the repairs. And still don't see them ;) Great work!
  5. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    This isn’t going to end well Adrian, like your croc vignette!
    Lovely presentation & inspiring subject matter, with good attention to detail.
    Keep ‘em coming mate.
    MikeTheKiwi
  6. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

7. Tom W. Well-Known Member

Germany
    "Serengeti darf nicht sterben"....great reminiscent on father and son Grzimek!
  8. Alex A Fixture

Canada
    Very nice !
  9. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Wonderful work

Mobo
  10. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Exactly the scene I had picturedd in my head when i saw these figures being announced - Fabulous (y)(y)

Paul
  11. Oda A Fixture

One of the best works I have seen lately.

Oda.
  12. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    David Attenborough of the miniature world, beautifully done.
    What do you use for the grasses?
    Oda likes this.
  13. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nicely done,

Mike
  14. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Adrian

That's a impressive piece of modelling and painting , full of movement and fear .....great to see this and similar here on PF

Why not vote in previous months FOTM as well as entering in the class of your choice in this months

Thanks for sharing

Look forward to seeing more

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Oda likes this.
  15. Ferris A Fixture

Thanks a lot guys! It’s very motivating to get your feedback and likes. Glad you like this one.

The grass is a combination of clumps of dried seaweed (those ‘hairy’ brownish balls found on some beaches or in hobby shops) and 6 mm long static grass. The seaweed is the standing grass, the static grass is placed around it. Painting was done with thinned tan-coloured acrylics. Some places received some drybrushing with pale green for variety. Everything glued down with white glue by the way.

Cheers
    Adrian
    Mike - The Kiwi and Viking Bob like this.
  16. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    The grass is a combination of clumps of dried seaweed (those ‘hairy’ brownish balls found on some beaches or in hobby shops) and 6 mm long static grass. The seaweed is the standing grass, the static grass is placed around it. Painting was done with thinned tan-coloured acrylics. Some places received some drybrushing with pale green for variety. Everything glued down with white glue by the way.

Cheers
    Adrian[/quote]

Thank you for the info Adrian.
  17. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Outstanding work Adrian! :)

Cheers,
    Ken
  18. Edorta A Fixture

Spain