1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"The Death of Montezuma" - 75mm vigniette

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Major_Goose, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    DEATH OF MONTEZUMA
    Taken from The True History of the Conquest of New Spain,
    by Bernal Díaz del Castillo, 1517-21

…….Let us return to the attack they made on us. Montezuma was placed by a battlement of the roof with many of us soldiers guarding him, and he began to speak to his people with very affectionate expressions telling them to desist from the war, and that we would leave Mexico. Manv of the Mexican chieftains and captains knew him well and at once ordered their people to be silent and not to discharge darts, stones or arrows, and four of them reached a spot where Montezuma could speak to them, and they to him, and with tears they said to him: "Oh! Señor, and our great Lord, how all your misfortune and injury and that of your children and relations afflicts us; we make known to you that we have already raised one of your kinsmen to be our Lord"; and there he stated his name, that he was called Cuitlahuac, the Lord of Ixtapalapa, and moreover they said that the war must be carried through, and that they had vowed to their idols not to relax it until we were all dead...

They had hardly finished this speech when suddenly such a shower of stones and darts were discharged that (our men who were shielding him having neglected for a moment their duty, because they saw how the attack ceased while he spoke to them ) he was hit by three stones, one on the head, another on the arm and another on the leg, and although they begged him to have the wounds dressed and to take food, and spoke kind words to him about it, he would not. Indeed, when we least expected it, they came to say that he was dead. Cortés wept for him, and all of us captains and soldiers, and there was no man among us who knew him and was intimate with him, who did not bemoan him as though he were our father, and it is not to be wondered at, consídering how good he was. It was stated that he had reigned for seventeen years and that he was the best king there had ever been in Mexico, and that he had conquered in person, in three wars which he had carried on in the countries he had subjugated…….

[IMG]

Well all the above inspired me for what lies beneath . I just hope you will like it

Costas

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

and some more to come .....

Attached Files:

• c22.jpg
      c22.jpg
      File size:
      135.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Thanks for your time
  3. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    As always, I love the detail in your vignettes. The only complaint that I have is that the dark back ground makes it difficult to see some of that detail.

Keith
  4. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Keith hello !! I tried to shoot with light blue and gray but the pics came ...very bad and overlighted. I apologise though ...

Thanks for looking
  5. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hi Costas,

absolutly great work my friend !!!

BRAVO !!!

Take care,
    Markus
  6. Hobbyinovator Member

United-States
    Like it. I have for quiet some time had dreams of making a diorama of the same event and others as well during the conquest of Mexico.
  7. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Markus hello and thanks for posting . I am glad you like it
  8. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hobbyinovator thanks for your comments

costas
  9. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Beautiful work my friend, I like it very much.
    Thank you foe posting.

Cheers
    Roc
  10. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hi Roc, thanks for commenting !!!

Keep Safe
    Costas
  11. Bad91Fellow Member

Germany
    Really nice and really creative! i love it!
    yours
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Costas,
    Exceptionel work. I always love the construction of your dio's. They are an inspiration for my little groundwork.
    Great work my friend.

Marc
  13. darkeye Member

United-Kingdom
    having raed the text, i can see why you were inspired.very evocative Diorama nice detail and finish mate.

regards --- Tim :)
  14. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Great piece my friend and the feeling you have created in the whole scene/setting (at least that is what I feel/see) is that "it has just happened"...........

Welldone.......Bravo!!!!

Keep safe........

Ray ;)
  15. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    G'day Costas,

Well done mate, that's a superb vignette full of beautiful rich colours and historical importance. I love it.
  16. facp Member

Portugal
    Nice work, very rich in color, good contrast
    congratulations
  17. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    My friend Costa that's another great piece of yours. It really puts you into the era and time of the event. Well done.

Xenofon
  18. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Lennart thanks for commenting my friend !!!
  19. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hi Marc and thanks for looking and posting .Glad you enjoyed it
  20. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Tim thanks my friend . This era is really nice to recreate