1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The Day That Shook The World

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by btavis, Feb 8, 2004.

1. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Sorry for the late reply, I was in Washington DC for a couple of days.

John, I think you are right about the pack and the head. I can fix that no problem.
  2. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Some more updates with some of the other figures sculpted or being sculpted.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  3. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Bob,

This is looking nice. I look forward to seeing the two of them together.

Joe
  4. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Bob!

Great progress, the head looks a lot better on the dead british guy now. Keep working on it so we can see the finished project and you can move on to the german cavalry guys we talked about!
  5. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Cool Bob! Can't wait to see it all together.
  6. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    FANTASTIC,Bob (y) (y) !! You've managed to capture the trench battle scene rather well there. Like the others,I too will be looking forward to the next step in your diorama/shadow box.Keep up the good work ! Cheers.
    Kenneth :lol:
  7. btavis Active Member

United-States
    An update. Everything is sculpted and the Brits are finished with painting. I have to finish painting the Germans and then this part of the dio is pretty much complete.

[IMG]
  8. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hell Yeah Bob!

That is excellent, a very nice vignette, it really captures the feeling of WWI (atleast how I look at it). Man this is going to be cool!
  9. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Bob, Very very nice. I really like the composition of the trench scene. This is going to be a really neat piece once all of the elements are put together.~Gary
  10. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Beautiful work Bob, It looks great.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers.

Roc. :)
  11. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hey Bob, (y) (y) on the vignette !! Looking forward to the final stages of your awesome diorama.Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:
  12. Hardy Guest

13. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Thank you all. I really wanted this vignette to have a lot of drama and the anticipation of the Brit officer looking like he is going to plug the German infantryman with his Webley seemed to be the perfect solution. Also with his right hand almost touching his recently fallen comrade it appears that vengence is his. The German officer reaching out to grab the Webley also seemed to be a nice touch of desperation as the officer is (for whatever reason) unarmed.

This part of the project was a lot of fun to do. If Kreston is around you should know that I will add some mud to the lower extremities of the figures once all the pieces are finally glued in place. The stuff I used to do the groundwork makes a nice sticky gumbo to create muddy effects.
  14. amherbert Member

Hi Bob

The trench scene is really coming together! Looks great, and the new figures really bring it to life. It looks very desperate!

Cheers
    Andy
  15. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    WOW![SIZE=14] Really excellent work! ;) You have incredible talent!

All the best!

Dan
  16. btavis Active Member

United-States
    I finished the dio qnd have done a test with it in place in the building with some lights temporarily arranged.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  17. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    That is awesome Bob! Well done.
  18. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Definately Excellent my friend!
  19. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Bob, Very cool, I love the way the background sets off the figures. Congratulations.~Gary
  20. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    GREAT JOB,Bob (y) (y) (y) !!! Will you be posting the complete diorama photos soon ? Cheers !
    Kenneth.