1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The Day That Shook The World

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by btavis, Feb 8, 2004.

1. btavis Active Member

United-States
    I think it will be a parasol. It was a hot summer day and a parasol would be appropriate for blocking the sun. It was not raining that day in Sarajevo.
  2. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Bob, I love the subject matter, good choice.

Roc. :)
  3. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Bob,TRULY AMAZING so far,my friend (y) (y) ;I can almost imagine the completed scene in my mind's eye now.(wow!) This is going to be a stunner and a real testimony of your talent ! Keep up the great work and post more soon.Cheers !
    Kenneth ;)
  4. btavis Active Member

United-States
    I did a test with the parasol.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  5. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Bob, (y) (y) !! Cheers.
    Kenneth :lol:
  6. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Here is a civilian who will be holding a Bosnian flag.

Attached Files:

7. btavis Active Member

United-States
    The parasol will have some embellishments added with epoxie. The basic shape was made with heavy vellum stock cut into a circle and then scored into eight sections. Thin floral wire was cut into eight pieces and the whole thing was soaked in super thin super glue. I then bent the wire when the glue dried to form a slight parabola. The scoring allowed the paper to bend with the wire without deforming.

Here is a nice Victorian parasol:

Attached Files:

8. Pete_H New Member

Bob,
    Hey, not bad on the parasol!!!
  9. btavis Active Member

United-States
    I have almost finished the Graef and Stift touring car and have a couple of pics with the Archduke and Count Harrach to show how the color scheme is developing.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  10. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    WOW! Bob, that is looking great! Love the color of their uniforms. And that car...Awesome!
  11. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Great work Bob.....especially that Parasal!!
  12. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Here is the car with the Austrian flag denoting Royalty.

[IMG]
  13. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Fabulous Bob............do you ever sleep? great work!!! (y)
  14. btavis Active Member

United-States
    I sleep. I am just really disciplined when it comes to these projects.

Everything you see on the car is scratchbuilt except the wheels, tires, steering wheel and headlights. Those I got from an old Pyro kit. The flag was made from rolled out Apoxie and draped while half cured. It was painted in acrylics. The car was
    airbrushed in acrylics and then overcoated with several thin coats of Future also aribrushed. All the brass trim is real brass except along the edging of the car.

I estimate that the street scene of this project will be finished in about four weeks or so including all of the figure painting. Then I move on to the building and shadow box portion. I am looking forward to that part as it will be a real challenge :eek:
  15. John Long Active Member

United-States
    That's coming along real well Bob. I didn't know it was planned to be a shadow box. I can't wait to see that process.
  16. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I did one shadow box years and years ago. It sold at the first show, MFCA, and brought me a Bronze. It was alot of work, especially with the fiber optic lighting and all. It was alot of fun tho
  17. btavis Active Member

United-States
    John, yes kinda, sorta. I guess you will just have to see it as explanation is insufficient. It will be half free standing vignette in front of a shadow box.

I was talking to Mike Good and he reminded me of something I may want employ called a Pepper's Ghost , if the space permits. It would definitely pull off the fact that the trench warfare scene is a portent of the future to the street scene.

I feel like a magician divulging parlor tricks. That gave me a great idea. Wouldn't a sculpture of Houdini be fantastic!

Incidentally, note the hand glued to the steeering wheel to assure line up with the driver's arm. You should all try fitting figures into vehicles. It is extremely frustrating.
  18. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Bob, (y) (y) (y) !!! Keep up the FANTASTIC work and looking forward to the evolution of the project ! Cheers.
    Kenneth.
  19. Patrick Kirk New Member

Bob,
    Simply amazing piece...Breath taking...can't wait to see more...
    Great meeting you at MFCA! All the best my friend...

Take care
    Patrick
  20. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Gee Bob, Great work all round, and that parasol, what a masterpiece!