1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The Day That Shook The World

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by btavis, Feb 8, 2004.

1. btavis Active Member

United-States
    I think the ability to use a digital camera on the fly and get instant feedback is probably one of the most useful things to me. Coupled with making adjustements in PS has really helped me a lot.
  2. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Bob, That's where PS and a background in illustration comes in handy. You can alter things in 2D and then go back and add them to the 3D version. What a great tool.~Gary
  3. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Maybe one of these days I will be able to totally visualize in 3D and stop relying on 2D images. Too many years of habits to break ;)
  4. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Here is a picture with Gavrilo's arms adjusted.

Attached Files:

5. btavis Active Member

United-States
    And here is everything so far in context.

Attached Files:

6. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Another angle

Attached Files:

7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Awesome Bob..........I enjoy seeing you build your scene.......keep up the great work
  8. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Giddy-up. (y) It's looking real good Bob. The reposition of the arm is a definite improvement.
  9. btavis Active Member

United-States
    It pays to listen to good advice.
  10. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Bob,

I have to agree with the others, this is going to be really nice! I thought the last one was really good but I think this one is going to be better! (y) Keep up the good work.

Joe
  11. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    AWESOME,Bob (y) (y) !! Looking forward to more soon ! Cheers.
    Kenneth :lol:
  12. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Bob, agreed, the repositioned arms are big improvement. Overall, it's looking good (y)
  13. btavis Active Member

United-States
    What a great experience as I also recently got some good feedback from Mike Good on my sculpting. Per John Cheeseman and Mike Good I think Gavrilo is coming along nicely though not quite there yet. I thinned down both of his legs, gave his knees more definition and lengthened his right pants to overhang a bit on his shoe. I am sanding more and defining the folds a little more. The reason he has paint on him is so I can see the mistakes better and for sanding it gives me a better indication of how much to remove and where.

Sorry for indulging y'all with so many pics but the comments have been most beneficial to my progress so here goes.

Attached Files:

14. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Another angle

Attached Files:

15. btavis Active Member

United-States
    I indicated in this picture with yellow boxes two areas I feel are still wrong as they are too bulky so I will probably trim down some more.

Attached Files:

16. btavis Active Member

United-States
    One of the things I am becoming more conscious in sculpting is the overall flow of the clothing relative to the pose. I made a quick overlay on one picture to give a sense of what I mean.

Personally, I get a better sense of the animation of the pose if these flow lines follow some cohesive pattern. It seems to add to the dynamism as well. Jeesus, I am starting to sound like Alex Castro :)

Attached Files:

17. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Looking great Bob!

No, I don't think you are. Now if you said you were going to revolutionize sculpting and change every sculptors way of thinking...well, then maybe :lol:
  18. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Bob, that looks like it's right out of the Hogarth book. Since I've been sculpting I've really become amazed at how one fold/wrinkle will affect all the others. You've done a good job with the flow and animation so far.
  19. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Everybody should get that book.
  20. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    GOOD JOB so far,Bob (y) ;Keep it up and post more soon !
    Cheers.
    Kenneth :lol: