1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The Day That Shook The World

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by btavis, Feb 8, 2004.

1. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hi Bob How's the diorama progressing so far ? Do keep us posted.Cheers Kenneth.
  2. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Right now I am working on the car. I should have some pictures this weekend.
  3. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    Damn bud. What's your next project? A half scale model of Washington DC?

I look forward to seeing this progress. Enjoy Atlanta and hoist one up for me.

Lou
  4. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Hoist only one?
  5. Pete_H New Member

Bob,
    He's racking them up. I think he's got half the club hoisting one for him (I'll hoist two ;) ).
  6. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Yeah, somewhere on one of the threads here he said he had like eight sangrias just posting. I hate sangria so I will have to find another beverage to serve as homage. I know, Zima. I'll have a Zima on Lou. Then I will get real crazy and put decals on my eyes.

Attached Files:

7. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    Aren't you funny. :angry:

ZIMA??!!

Please note I said Sangria, Estrella de Galecia (Spanish Beer), Amarginha (liquor) and a Martini (expresso martini to be exact). All at the same seating. SO you have options, besides Pete is the who drinks Zima and Smirnoff Ice and all that fairy juice

But if you're hoisting one up for me with Pete make sure he takes the straw out, don't want him to hurt his eye ;)
  8. Pete_H New Member

Hola Lou!

SMIRNOFF ICE?!?!?!

Dude, you're insane. Margaritas, blue meanies, Harps, Bass, Guinness, Long Island Iced Teas ... all in one seating. Leave that Zima and Smirnoff crap to the Bay Area "boys"
  9. btavis Active Member

United-States
    An update on my latest dio d'art. This picture shows Gavrilo Princip about 85% finished and the royals in the touring car basically roughed in. The car is about 60% complete. I shortened the length of the car to make the staging of the occupants more compact for drama and I also melodramatically emphasized their reactions to Princip's attack.

Attached Files:

10. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Detail of occupants.

Attached Files:

11. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Gavrilo head on.

Attached Files:

12. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    That is looking AWESOME Bob!!! (y)
  13. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Gavrilo will be pushing a spectator out of the way with his left hand and there will two other spectators reacting next to Gavrilo. I think one will be an Bosnian soldier who was there for crowd control. I want to have at least one guy in a Fez to hint at the Turkish influence.
  14. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looking fabulous Bob........I enjoy seeing your beginning stages and see them unfold.
  15. MSzwarc New Member

Fabulous, Bob! You sure have an eye for action. (y)
  16. Pete_H New Member

Bob,
    Dude, that is looking way cool, amigo! Gavrilo alone would make a really good solo display. I especially like the animation further re-emphasized by the coat's drapery.
  17. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Bob!

Very cool progress! Love the Gavrilo character, awesome action pose.
  18. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Bob, I love the animation and composition. It's going to be a terrific diorama.

One thing I notice (photos do lie though), you may need to check the arm length on a couple of figures. One thing I used to be very guilty of when making arms on wire aramtures is measuring the length from shoulder to elbow and making my bend for the shoulder to torso join there. Forgetting that I drilled my hole in the center of the shoulder joint resulted in my figure's elbow landing far below the ribcage. Everything measured out okay, but didn't look right. Hoping I'm wrong, but if not, then better to catch it now.
  19. btavis Active Member

United-States
    I remember in wood shop the expression, "I cut it three times and it's still too short."
  20. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Bob, I see another great piece is well on it's way.~Gary