1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The Day That Shook The World

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by btavis, Feb 8, 2004.

1. btavis Active Member

United-States

I told my wife I had to go to Vienna to do research!! :lol:

Actually, trying to get accurate info on these things is always a challenge. In my defense though, I used the following reference picture which is supposedly from the Museum you mention and it does look reddish brown to me.

[IMG]

Thanks for the comments. Besides, I like the sanguine quality of the blood red color from a poetic standpoint and like you said not many will know.
  2. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Well, I stuck a fork in this dio and it's done. The recent additions are the flags, the lampost and the boy defacing the poster of the Archduke on the side of the building.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  3. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    OUSTANDING

beautifull work

Robin
  4. amherbert Member

Hi Bob

It looks wonderful!

Well done, and thanks for keeping us up on your progress.

Congratulations
    Andy
  5. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Bob,

Man, what a dio this turned out to be!! Looking forward to see it in person at Chicago (?).
  6. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Is there anything higher than a gold medal! :lol:
  7. btavis Active Member

United-States
    No problem, Allah willing.
  8. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Yeah, $$$! ;)
  9. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Just a minor point about the composition, I intentionally wanted the whole piece to have a sense of movement to add to the drama (for fear of it being boring). The picture below illustrates how a spiral shape was used to convey that sense of movement when viewed from the proper angle.

To me, these miniature tableaus require the same consideration as a painting would. (Must be the illustrator in me :) )

[IMG]
  10. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Bob,AWESOME DIO (y) (y) (y) !!! I hope to see it in the flesh at the World Expo if everything works out.Thanks for the SBS on the project,my friend.Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  11. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Just an update but this piece won a gold medal at the Long Island show much to my delight. I receive a lot of encouragement from many people and it is gratifying for me as nascent modeler to have achieved this level in just five years of modeling. I hope this encourages others and let it be known that there are so many fine people out there that have been instrumental to me and are willing to spend the time helping serious modelers. I encourage ALL posters to go to shows and talk to others as this is the way to improve. The wealth of knowledge that is out there just for the asking is hard to acquire otherwise.
  12. John Long Active Member

United-States
    COngratulations Bob. Excellent job.
  13. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Congratulations Bob....a gold well deserved
  14. PJ Deluhery Active Member

United-States
    Congratulations, Bob. An excellent piece! I saw it first hand at LI on Saturday, and also got some great photos. The compositon is great, and it really tells the story. The preview of things to come in the building is also a very nice touch. Well done.

Happy painting!
    Pat