1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique the crusader..scale75

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Meehan34, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Here is my attempt at this most fantastic figure by scale75. The shine is the oil on the belts is still a tad wet. Bear with me on the pictures I am trying new things to make them better. The one thing I did do is super size them in the blow up version for closer examination. I have been reading the photo threads and trying those techniques till I find one that works for me. As always please post feedback to help improve my painting and photo taking.

crusade5.jpg

crusade1.jpg

crusade3.jpg

crusade2.jpg
    sarouman, Christosjager, Guy and 5 others like this.
  2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very nice Mike ! (y)
  3. Mike Stevens A Fixture

United-States
    Very Nice Mike! The groundwork looks great. Photo's are really improving. (y)
  4. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Hi! Mike.
    It's very gorgeous and is beautiful Knight.
    A belt and a surcoat are wonderful.
    I think it was a dynamic work.
    I liked it very much.
    By my negative opinion, I'm sorry.
    You think it's necessary to consider photography.
    Anyway I congratulate completion.

Cheers.

Mitsutaka
  5. BarrieHynd Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Didn't take you long Mike, and well done on the painting and the photos. Mine is just at the primer stage on the bench. It really is a good kit isn't it.
    Barrie.
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    great work Mike.

marc
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent painting Mike.
  8. Ferris A Fixture

Well that's a nice one Mike! Love the action in this figure and your painting does it justice! Nice job.

Cheers,
    Adrian
  9. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Good work Mike can really see an improvement in your painting.My only suggestion would be to tone down the teeth they look a bit too white.

Cheers David
  10. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks guys I appreciate the feedback. Barrie; it took some time I just got the figure faster than expected. I ordered the day it was available (a Thursday) and I had it the next Monday. I couldn't believe it got here so fast. I was glad though it gave more time for paint. David; yeah I agree about the teeth. I did a little research and crest white strips weren't invented till 50 years later ;) but I didn't see it till the pictures were blown up and they are "Hollywood white". Thank you sir for mentioning it, that is what this forum is so good for and think it attributes to better painting.

Thanks again guys, I sure appreciate the feedback!
    rheath likes this.
  11. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Excellent painting and groundwork Mike. You've done a wonderful job on this very dynamic figure.
  12. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Agreed!!:)