1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The Complete Sculpter

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Guy, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    [IMG]

Hello all
    this is Brett Klisch from the compleat sculptor in NYC. this year during
    toy fair we are hosting a toy makers symposium. We are having guests at
    our store and the Javits do lectures and classes on various topics for
    the toy industry. We will have Karl from Gentle Giant, Digger from the
    Art Asylum, David Cortez sculpting, Reps from Kid robot and many other
    exciting events.
    I have included a press release and logo. please check out our site for
    the event
    You are all of course invited to attend. I'm comping everyone in the industry for the
    event.

please give me a call if you have any questions.
    Brett Klisch
    The Compleat Sculptor, Inc.
    "You Supply the Talent, We'll Supply the Rest."
    212-367-7561 www.sculpt.com

The Complete Sculpter
  2. fsdesimone Member

Wow, this sounds so cool!
  3. thegoodsgt Active Member

United-States
    If vacation time weren't at a premium this year, I'd love to attend a couple of these seminars. Those sculptors are very talented.

Francesca, let me know if you plan to attend.
  4. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    I didn't think Toy Fair was open to the public. I thought it wwas just an indistry trade show. When you link from the above it takes you to his site. I'd love to go if it's open to the public.
  5. thegoodsgt Active Member

United-States
    Lou, you're right, the show itself isn't open to the public. (A friend got me in two years ago using a friend's business as our "pass." I had to walk around wearing a nametag that said something like "Magnolia Dolls" or some such thing!) It appears that this company is able to get non-industry folks in, but I may be misunderstanding their site.
  6. fsdesimone Member

Lou,

Toyfair is an industry trade show and its website is here. It isn't open to the public as you said.

However these seminars seem to be done through The Compleat Sculptor shop on Vandam St. and are open to the public for a fee (unless you can prove you're a member of the industry). I think they're just taking advantage of the fact that there will be a lot of people from the toy industries in town that week and organized this thing separately. At least, that's what I gathered when I looked around the website.

Guy, maybe you can change the link on the first post so it doesn't actually say "Toyfair"? It's a little confusing since it's not actually Toyfair that Brett is advertising.

Francesca
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Done........
  8. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    Yeah I checked it before too. I will probably go using Toshiba to get me in. CE companies often sell to the Toy industry so why not?
  9. thegoodsgt Active Member

United-States
    It looks like David Cortez's seminar on the art of the portraiture might be most applicable to what we do. Based on the photos of his work, he's very accomplished at sculpting a likeness.

If you can't make these seminars, it seems they offer various classes year-round at their New York store. We should gather a bunch of us who live in the area and request a class suited to our needs. (They take requests!)