1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The circus comes to town....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by fogie, Jun 8, 2021.

1. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Here in Carbis Bay, we may be completely fenced in by our very own Mexican
    border wall, and denied access to nearly everywhere.............the skies may be
    black with predator drones and Bell attack helicopters...........the Bay itself may
    be alive with combat ready warships...............the cliffs near the lighthouse may
    now be home to a bloody great missile launcher..............but have we the locals
    lost our sense of humour.............Not on your life.............. Carry on G7 !!!

g7a.JPG g7b.JPG g7c.JPG g7d.jpg g7e.jpg

Mike
    housecarl and tock24 like this.
  2. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    It could be worse, it could be happening in Cheshire.;)
    Richie likes this.
  3. Helm A Fixture

England
    Does anything happen in Cheshire?
    Blind Pew and Airkid like this.
  4. Airkid PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    It's an immensely expensive joke really as I very much doubt anything useful will come of it (oh, apart from the mahoosive overtime and extras all those Scottish coppers will be getting). Mike, you have my sympathy mate.

Phil
    Babelfish likes this.
  5. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    To be fair the police presence, although truly immense, is both friendly and helpful. I think they're
    under orders not to annoy the natives. The low flying helicopters tend to vibrate the air so much
    that they set off car alarms, and the OBG's (official body guards} - with their dark suits and crew
    cuts who spend a lot of time talking to their wrists - tend to be tediously officious. Roll on Monday
    when it'll all be over.

Mike
    Babelfish and Airkid like this.
  6. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    You'll never find out Steve, we don't allow undesirables in.
    Before you say it, Crewe doesn't count.;)
  7. Helm A Fixture

England
    :ROFLMAO: I used to live near Chester so hah :smug:
  8. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Any consolation to getting old?.......all you have to do is look around.....

Wayne
  9. Nap A Fixture

England
    Don't worry Mike ...Monday will soon be here .....we haven't seen you being interviewed yet ??

Nap
  10. akaryu PlanetFigure Supporter

Belgium
    Is this contagious?
    Next week one Mister Biden, a VIP apparently, will visit Brussels on June 14 & 15.
    With a maverick armed ex-military terrorist still on the run, I presume the Men in Black are already sweating profusely. Might not be the ideal moment to celebrate the reopening op the pubs though!
    Weird isn't it, these heavily protected VIP's don't seem to have many friends, I wonder why.:(:unsure:

Pierre
    Airkid and Nap like this.
  11. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    When this is all over and we return to normal, the thing I'll
    remember most is not all the disruption or political folderol,
    but this...a group of kindly police happy to take time out and
    make a little nipper's day.

G7f.jpg

Mike
  12. Airkid PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I'll bet she will remember that for a long time. Good on 'em(y)
    Tommy Atkins, kagemusha and Blind Pew like this.
  13. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    Bet the ice cream guy made a few bob too……..
    kagemusha and Blind Pew like this.
  14. akaryu PlanetFigure Supporter

Belgium
    The circus came to town.... and city life was suspended!

Not the whole circus, mind you, just one of the top acts arrived in Brussels yesterday, for what one very knowledgeable journalist said should be seen mainly as a 'symbolic gesture'!

For two days the better part of Brussels is off limits to common mortals, pubs have their outdoor terraces closed and the usual Brussels traffic chaos is either a shambles or a complete stand still.

But there will be abundant streams of saliva flowing, lots of hollow gibberish spoken and noncommittal promises made; in short, a good time will be had by all concerned, before mister Bidet will report to old Vladimir later this week and the thirsty citizen of Brussels will be able to refresh him/herself again with one of our excellent beverages!

Most soldiers can't stand politicians, one wonders why?

cheers,

Pierre
    Airkid likes this.
  15. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The preparations for everything took longer than the actual event, so when they left here it was
    like taking down the Christmas decorations...about bloody time :joyful:..... stiff upper lip, Pierre.

Mike
    Airkid and akaryu like this.
  16. Airkid PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I guess it has given the "meeja" plenty to chew over. I just get annoyed at how condescending the buggers get when they want our votes, whereas most of the time we are an irrelevance.

Phil
    akaryu, fogie and Old Pete like this.