1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The Calm Before The Storm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by yeo_64, Sep 18, 2004.

1. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks,Quang,I really appreciate the encouragement (y) from one such as yourself ! Cheers.
    Kenneth :lol:

BTW,here are some shots of the figure,cat and accessories on a mock-up groundwork base to demonstrate the final arrangement of the vignette. Hope you guys like it ;)

[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
  2. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hi Kenneth, what happened to the pictures,I can't see them.

Cheers,

Roc. :)
  3. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Roc,my friend,I believe that photobucket had some "down-time" during my last post :( ;the photos are back on-line now. Cheers !
  4. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Kenneth,my friend, very nice,you are doing a terrific job.

Keep up the good and looking forward to next step.

Cheers,

Roc :)
  5. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Kenneth,

Take your time and we can all enjoy this one! You have out done yourself on this one. This is your best work to date and I think you have really done a nice job with the sculpting and setting.

Joe
  6. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks,Roc,I really appreciate the encouragement (y) ! Cheers !
  7. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hey Joe,thank you very much for the encouraging feedback;I really appreciate it :lol: ! I'll take your advice and take my time on this one. Yes,I'm enjoying every minute of it too ! Cheers.
    Kenneth ;)
  8. michelange Member

France
    Hi Kenneth,

I am not a sculptor and I shall not give advices onto your work, I just meant, that it is very pleasant to see (too rarely) restful scenettes, representing simply a man and an animal. :) It changes warriors shotting, howling riders.... Our hobby represents few figures as yours and also few women (I do not speak about figure of charm)
  9. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hello Bruno :lol: ! Thank you ever so much for your nice comments on my latest project;I really appreciate that (y). Yes,it's always nice to show the "human " aspect of our hobby once in a while,especially for the Great War period,and I,for one,am a great fan of the "peaceful" vignette (too much stress in the world as it is !) Cheers.
    Kenneth :)
  10. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hi guys :lol: ! Had some time over the weekend,so I started on the groundwork for my vignette. Here are some photos of the unpainted terrain.Hope you chaps like it.Cheers !

[IMG]
    [IMG] [IMG]
  11. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Kenneth, the ground work is looking good..... ;)

keep up the good work.

Cheers,
    Roc. :)
  12. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Roc,my dear friend,thank you very much for your kind comments :lol: ! Your opinion is always greatly appreciated. Cheers !
  13. Kamil Feliks Sztarbala New Member

Poland
    Kenneth, Yours Great War projects looks Great!!
    ~kamil
  14. Vic123 New Member

Hello Kenneth and everyone else,

finally got in again to this website after being locked out....:)

I have seen this figure in the round and it is beautiful. The gas mask and the back of the jacket details are very impressive. Time to get it painted and based.

Rgds Vic
  15. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hey,Kamil,my friend,thank you ever so much for the encouragement;I really appreciate it :lol: ! I really missed your postings here on the "planet" these past few months. WELCOME BACK !
  16. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Victor,my dear friend,thanks for the encouraging comments;I really appreciate them :lol: ! Yes,I'm working on finding time to finish the vignette even as we speak ;) .Cheers !
  17. Kamil Feliks Sztarbala New Member

Poland
    Thanks Kenneth:) I hope so planned more trench projects:) I like that stuff:)
    ~kamil
  18. Vic123 New Member

Hi Ken,

just saw the pic of the terrain. Wow!

My 2 cts worth - yr accessories are beautiful. Do you plan to lay them out on a picnic sheet instead of on the ground? The sheet gives a blank canvas to highlight the accessories which may be lost in the grass.

Rgds Vic
  19. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Victor,my friend,thank you very much for the positive comments (y) ! No,I don't think a picnic sheet would be appropiate here due to space constraints. Anyhow,I'd already tried a mock-up positioning of the accessories on the base and they look fine as they are on the bare ground. I'm just about to start painting the figure and hope to post the final vignette sometime this week for all to see. Cheers !
  20. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hey guys :lol: ! Well,I finally got down to putting the various elements of the vignette together.Here then is my latest vignette "The Calm Before The Storm".I had alot of fun creating it (I actually bought a "Cat Fancy" magazine as reference for the fur colouring of my little vignette cat ;) !) and I hope you chaps like it. Cheers !

[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]