1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The Buffalo Hunt

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Bluesking, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I always fancied trying my hand at something like this. The Buffalo all started out as the same Britains Zoo series Buffalo the figures are very minor conversions on stock Andrea figures. I had great fun doing it, but working with polythene buffalos was a pain.

Attached Files:

2. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Another shot of the same model

Attached Files:

3. PJ Deluhery Active Member

United-States
    Beautiful work, Stephen. This subject has always been one of my favorites. Also, one of my favorite moments in Dances With Wolves.

Happy Painting!
  4. johnnyboy New Member

dude this is awesome i really like it its one of my favorite subjects also great work thanks for sharing.hi pj a fellow mass man lol
  5. mikec55 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Stephen,

That's a real nice diorama, very colorful. You did a great job with it. How large is the base you used?
    "but working with polythene buffalos was a pain"
    I wonder if that's why Sigfried & Roy don't use buffalo in their act :eek: ?

Mike
  6. amherbert Member

Very nice job!

Great looking dio.
    Thanks for sharing

Cheers
    Andy
  7. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Excellent Stephen!

Ambitious but executed really well........I like it a lot!
  8. quang Active Member

Belgium
    You got your mojo workin', Bluesking! (y)

The critical factor in these kinds of scene is the interplay between the masses/volumes and obviously you've done it admirably.

The diorama reminds me of one of Charley Russell's paintings. The stumbling buffalo on the left is particularly expressive.

On the down side, you could have been more generous with the base (looks a little crampled to me). :lol:

Who said that "the thrill has gone"? ;)

Q.
  9. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Excellent dio and great capture of action there Stephen. Thanks for sharing it.
  10. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for the comments guys 'n galls. In my defence I have to say I deliberately crowded the base to give the impression that this is only a small part of a much larger situation. It contains 8 buffalos, 2 calves and 2 hunters. Base is about 16x12 inches

Glad to report this vigenette won me the GOld Medal and Trophy at our annual show.

Attached Files:

11. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    (y) (y) Stephen !! Cheers.
    Kenneth :)
  12. Don Well-Known Member

Stephen
    Really like this project. Your work captures the whole buffalo hunt in my mind. The small base and crowded animals makes it all stand out, what I would imagine a hunt to be like in real life.
    Great work.
    Don
  13. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    :eek:

... I am speechless.

This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL.
  14. y_wong New Member

Dear Stephen,

I like your diorama and the topic. Very well done.

regards :)