1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"The Black Swan" (Tavern) Bartender

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by John Bowery, Aug 28, 2017.

1. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    I have now finished the Bartender Girl. principal_bb23a560-d229-48c5-b8a3-82fa665a9d07_1024x1024.jpg
    This was the base figure.

Using fix-it Sam for the Bar Girl.

On the head the glasses were ground off and the strap made into a bow.
    Part of the tool belt was ground off and also the thong straps. A new belt front and buckle was fashioned using putty and thin solder wire. The right shoulder leather Protection was ground off and tried to match the shoulder shape. :eek: Using Aves putty the shirt top was extended down in the front to make her wearing a tight blouse. The grindings were smoothed out using Auto spot putty thinned with liquid plastic glue. Since the hands had gloves and mechanics on the right arm I could not use them or the arms. :arghh: I cut two hands off a 75m/m figure of John Glenn and using those I wired them to copper arms of the right length and pined them to the figure and bent the wire to the shape I wanted.
    barkeep2edt.jpeg

barkeepedt.jpeg

IMG_2254.JPG
    Sorry the last one is blurry to show the belt buckle.

Since she is so bent at the waist and the bar is quite high above waist level, her feet would not touch the floor????? So I built a floor riser from the old base from the Quartermaster figure and added a second level on the bottom from thin wood.
    step1edt.jpeg
    step2edt.jpeg

step3edt.jpeg

The holes were made for the pins and shoe blocks on the figure.
    Now I could position the arms to lean on the bar and hold a spill rag. :D The arms were then sculpted on the wire using sausage shaped rolls on the wire and I filled the gaps and primed the figure. She looked a little weird???

I took her to the North Texas Figure club to show the progress of the Black Swan and they all looked at her. The last guy to look at her said “I think the thumbs are on the wrong Side”o_O “DUH” :arghh::arghh: I had the left hand on the right arm and vice versa. Now I had to cut off the hands and reattach them on the correct arms and fill the gaps again. At least she was not painted yet?????:D
    Voila
    "Fini"
    bartender1edt.jpeg

bartender2edt.jpeg

Oil over acrylic for the colours. Pants and top all base coated khaki and oil mixed khaki using Burnt Umber, Juane Brilliant, Titanium White, Naples Yellow for the khaki mix and for the brown stripes Brown Madder, Mars Brown and Van Dyke Brown were added to the base colour. I jusst played with the brown addition till I got the colour I thought would work.:woot:

bartender3edt.jpeg

After seeing the photo's I have corrected the lines and straightened them.

bartender4edt.jpeg

bartender5edt.jpeg

There will be a cleaning rag in her hand wiping off the bar top and she is looking at Ollanaise leaning on the end of the bar.

lampsedt.jpeg
    These are the lamps and the closest one still has a mould line that I will remove if I use that lamp. I have four lamps total so I have a pick.
    I think that now I am ready to assemble all the components and the next post will be the final product. (I hope):D:D

All comments and critiques are welcome and encouraged
    Til next time
    Cheers
    Osebor, valiant, Mariobusta and 6 others like this.
  2. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    The modifications are very well done and she is looking really nice. Can't wait to see the finished model.

Bravo,
    Ken
    John Bowery likes this.
  3. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Great start John.
    Your work on the plinth I really like.
    Looking forward to the next instalment.
    Keith
    John Bowery likes this.
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    excellent start

Marc
    John Bowery likes this.
  5. swralph A Fixture

Great work John(y).
    John Bowery likes this.
  6. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Excellent conversion work. She looks suitably at ease in the taproom.
    Looking forward to seeing the scene come together.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    John Bowery likes this.
  7. Jim Active Member

Nice work, John.
    You're a braver man than I to tackle such a conversion of a metal figure.
    I'm awaiting the final scene.
    John Bowery likes this.
  8. phil_h A Fixture

United-States
    Wonderful job so far, really like her face (y)
    Phil
    John Bowery likes this.
  9. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Nice work John, can't wait to see this painted.
    John Bowery likes this.