1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The Black Prince

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Roc, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Roc Active Member

United-States
    The black Prince.
    I painted this figure several years ago for a collector,it was produced by a company called Steel Bonett which has been defunct for several years.
    Does anybody know if there is another company producing this figure?
    Roc.

[IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I have one of those painted now Roc and I haven't seen it on the market for quite a while. I'll keep watch on ebay for ya.

guy
  3. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Guy,
    That is one nice figure,artistically sculpted by one of the greats of the hobby, Peter
    Twist. What ever happened to Peter Twist? Don't see much of him anymore.
    Thanks for keeping watch for me.
    I truly appreciate it.
    Roc. (y)
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Hey Roc,
    I haven't heard anything about Peter in years. Used to love to see him bring his work to MFCA. I attended a seminar he gave there once too.

guy
  5. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Guy,
    I sure miss seeing his work.Very talented and most important nice guy.
    Roc.
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Peter Twist was an awesome sculpter and painter for sure!
  7. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Is this the figure that I&E used to produce, as they aout of business and the moulds are up for sale.

Robin
  8. Roc Active Member

United-States
    That's the one, the only difference being that I&E cast the figure in resin and Steel Bonett cast it in metal.
    Roc
  9. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hi Roc

I think Andrea produced a black Prince.
  10. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Stephan,
    You're right ,Andrea produced a very beautiful and animated 54MM vignette comprising The Black Prince mounted on a rearing horse and two foot soldiers giving him a run for his money.I have this kit and I recommend it highly.
    Roc.
  11. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Roc just emailed me this photo he was having problems loading to his posting. You did a great job Roco on the metals and heraldry. This was one of Steel Bonnets best figures.

Attached Files:

12. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Guy, I agree this was Steel Bonetts best.
    They also produced Richard the Lion hearted also sculpted by Peter Twist.another
    beautiful figure but not as nice as the Black Knight. What do you think?
    Roc.
  13. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Ah yes Roc, I remember Richard The lionhearted. And agree with you it was not as good a kit, sculpting and detail wise as the Black Prince. Peter Twist came out with quite a few back then and I see them when I go through my back issues of Campaign Magazine. I wish he were still in the figure world as he was one of the greats.

guy
  14. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Looks like a great kit, I wish someone would continue production of it.... I hope Burton hasn't taken the moulds with him when he "dissappeared"?
  15. johnbrewer New Member

Johan, i think it may be a case of don't hold your breath on this one. they may well be lost for ever.
  16. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Well John, we still can go see the statue in front of Leeds city hall upon which this figure seems to be based :lol: ...
  17. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I can't see the mould been picked up that quick, we have acquired one which Stuart is repairing, hope fully in time for Euro.

Robin
  18. johnbrewer New Member

Ah, but Robin I understand that the moulds are not in the best of order after they have been used by the said offender, I fear the worst for them. He did have some very nice stuff.
  19. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    That was THE figure which made switch from tanks and aircraft to figures. Saw it in the window at the Soldier Shop in New York at age 14. Fromthat day one, Tamiya no longer made a profit. Never could find it though.

I saw one of the I&E versions and like many of their kits (The only time I have EVER returned a kit and demanded a refund), the casting was pretty bad so I stayed away from it.
  20. johnbrewer New Member

Lou, did you get the money back?. There was a thread on another forum which seemed to suggest that could be a problem at times. I was a fan of the company, they had some really nice figures and busts, but quality control and delivery times always seemed to be a problem, plus other problems as well.