1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The Best Water Material???

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by TWOMOONS, Mar 27, 2010.

1. TWOMOONS Active Member

United-States
    I'm going to need to make some water in a diorama I'm working on...it will have to be deep ocean water, with a wavy surface, and will have an ocean going canoe in it.
    My question is: what are people using these days to represent water/ I have my old methods, which were tedious, but adequate for the times, and they worked quite well then.
    But now is now, and I'm sure there is something on the mini market that is better than what I developed 20 years ago ( when I did several watery vignettes and dioramas)...
    Any suggestions?
  2. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I use Vallejo still water gradually built up in layers. For waves water effects gel.
    These can be tinted with normal acrylics.
    Carl.
  3. Knill22 Member

United-States
  4. Jeff Active Member

United-States
    I think I am going to point you towards the master of this type of thing, Jean-Bernard André.

http://www.jbadiorama.com/

He has a lot of in progress step by step photos. He is a nice guy so email him if you do not understand something.
  5. TWOMOONS Active Member

United-States
    Gracias, amigos. I'll look into all of them....
  6. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Jeff
    thanks for the heads up, what a great site.
    Regards
    Derek
  7. Jeff Active Member

United-States
    JB has a great site his dioramas are just amazing. I love the fact that they are not all military dioramas. He has some You Tube videos as well.
  8. Tailor New Member

United-States
  9. TWOMOONS Active Member

United-States
    Guido...thanks, that's a great website....all Planeteers should check this out!
    I may actually go with the simpler method that is described on this site, because I'm not dealing with a waterline model in 1/700 or anything, so I need a deeper water effect.
    Very cool...