1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique The Beast. Black Crow miniatures.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by franck edet, Feb 7, 2021.

1. franck edet A Fixture

Canada
    Hello friends,

The Minotaur is now following Ariane's Thread, marching to meet his fate by the blade of Thaeseus.

painted as usual with my trusted acrylics from Scalecolors. paintbrush is a Winsor and Newton series 7 number 1.

001.jpg

002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg 005.jpg 006.jpg 007.jpg

i hope you like it, and i'm eager to hear your comments, good or bad ones :)

have a great Sunday !
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Franck

That's looking really good , not my thing but it looks a highly detailed piece

Do like the way you have painted the bandages and bones, horns and weapon ..very effective

Did you add the detaiks on the basework as well ?

What's the scale ?

Thanks for sharing

Happy benchtime

Nap
  3. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Wonderful work Franck! :)(y)

Cheers,
    Ken
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Excellent piece Franck.(y)
  5. franck edet A Fixture

Canada
    Many thanks Friends ! this piece was a real joy to paint !

the rocky base was part of the kit, I just added the Ariane's Thread and some little grass tufts :)
    scale is 1/24 and he is actually around 120mm if standing upright, which makes him a real "Beast" ;)
    Nap likes this.
  6. Airkid A Fixture

England
    Hi Franck

A bit behind on this one. I have to say you have made a brilliant job of painting this classic character from mythology. Detail work is first class(y)

Phil
  7. franck edet A Fixture

Canada
    Thank you Phil, it's truly appreciated :)
  8. Slowpainter Member

United-States
    Fantastic job Franck! Particularly like the work on the details such as the skulls. Great touch to add the string to make the story come to life. Excellent!
  9. franck edet A Fixture

Canada
    thank you very much amigo :) i thought that adding the string would tie (no pun intended) the fig with the old Myth ;)