1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review The Base 2B

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by kagemusha, Nov 7, 2011.

1. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Custom made bases can be very expensive, especially when they are large. Having been commissioned to do a 1/16 WW2 tank diorama on full scenic base it struck me that I would need a larger than normal base, (640mm x 340mm including edging). Some of the prices quoted were more than the tank kit alone. Then I saw a piece made for a fellow planeteer by 'Chippy' aka The Base 2B. I contacted Gordon and he listened to my requirements and responded with sound advice about the choice of wood, (Red Meranti) and a price that was considerably less than several quotes I had been given.
    First rate communication is a must when you are dealing with bespoke items and that is exactly what I received from start to finish. When the base arrived it was so securely packaged that it took me a while to get to it. When I finally got it onto my bench I was struck by the quality of finish right down to the twelve (12) small gel feet carefully attached to the underside.
    You cannot appreciate from the photos just how large this base is, or the obvious care that has gone into the making and finishing, but I can assure you that you will not be disappointed with any aspect of the craftsmanship you purchase. Very highly recommended.

Attached Files:

2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Great to see another satisfied customer.
    Carl.(y)
  3. thrax Member

United-States
    what kind of wood is it?
  4. thrax Member

United-States
    (Red Meranti) oh i see looks great
  5. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Chippy definitely knows his wood, base looks excellent.

Steve
  6. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ron a great looking base, Chippy's the man for excellent customer service.

Cheers Ken
  7. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Talking from experience I will not go anywhere else for my bases(y)