1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The Art of JOHN ROSENGRANT

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by John Rosengrant, Sep 16, 2018.

1. John Rosengrant A Fixture

as you know quite rare :)
  2. Woods457 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hey John,

Was this one of your sculpts, if so was it ever officially put into production?

1.JPG

I saw it for sale on ebay once but it was clearly a re-cast so i stayed away from it..

Sort of regret not buying it but i don't do recasts..
    Nap likes this.
  3. John Rosengrant A Fixture

Was originally sculpted for Kirin but never went into production a long, long, time ago in 1993 I believe. Not quite sure how a re-caster got hold of it .......

30 years ago. 1/9th scale
  4. Woods457 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    This one was for sale on ebay "France" but later found itself being sold to me via "ebay" UK, once i saw it was a recast i requested my money back from the seller and shipped it back to him.

I thought at some point in time i'll acquire a genuine un-started in the original box example, little did i know....

1b.jpg

I have also seen this image floating about the net too..

0.jpg 2.JPG
  5. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    As far as I know the former owner of Kirin (and Jaguar Models) gave away some preproduction castings of this Fallschirmjäger without a box - at last I got my figure from him. There was a similar figure in the Warrior Models line where John had replaced the head and the arms with a new weapon.
    Because I liked the sculpt so much I built up both back then. (The magzine pouches for the FG 42 were scratchbuilt by me and were not part of the kit - the same goes for the camo net)
    Cheers, Martin

IMG_4053.jpg IMG_4061.jpg IMG_4074.jpg
  6. John Rosengrant A Fixture

They look great Martin
    Martin64 likes this.
  7. John Rosengrant A Fixture

One more for Raptor in 1/16 closing out the DAK crew....magic sculpt short boots with socks this time IMG_4017.jpg
  8. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Wow, looks great, John. You guys that can not only sculpt, but paint too, yall got the corner on the market. You can pretty much set the scene for whatever your imagination can conjure up, awesome!
    Nap likes this.
  9. Nap Moderator

England

Agree there ...excellent sculpt ......surprised it's not got individual eyelashes ...lol

Great to see John thanks for updates

Happy benchtime

Nap
  10. John Rosengrant A Fixture

Thanks Steve and Nap:)
    Nap likes this.
  11. MalcC A Fixture

England
    Wow. (y). Can't think of anything else to add.

Malc
    John Rosengrant likes this.
  12. John Rosengrant A Fixture

13. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom

No he doesn't....can I hell tempt him into 1877-1879:LOL:

Hi John,
    Great Dak figure I just hope all that effort and detail on the soles does not get lost in the casting process.
    cheers
    Richie
  14. John Rosengrant A Fixture

:)lol Thanks Richie ...me too on the soles
  15. John Rosengrant A Fixture

This is one I just completed in 1/16th scale . This was a unique opportunity (commissioned by my friend Zongwen Huang) to sculpt a really interesting subject-82nd "Cowboy" at Normandy 1944. Hope you guys like them DSC_0085.jpeg
    MCPWilk, Noel Walker, Joe55 and 14 others like this.
  16. John Rosengrant A Fixture

Big thanks to not only Zongwen but Ron Volstad and Christopher Mrosko

note some things are blu-tacked in place
    Merryweather and captnenglish like this.
  17. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

That's so f*cking cool! What a unique and interesting sculpt. I really like that a lot. Thanks for posting that.

Steve
    John Rosengrant and Merryweather like this.
  18. Robert Jan de Wit PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    Great looking figure John. Must have been a challenging project. Hope to see it painted in a while. Is it a one off commission?

regards,
    RJ
  19. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Excellent, great subject matter, and certainly very well sculpted, John! I like it!!!
  20. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Is this based on a period photo or is it an idea from the guy who commissioned it?

Either way it's a lovely original piece and I hope we get to see it painted up. Thanks for the share!

- Steve
    John Rosengrant and Nap like this.