1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The Alabamian

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by y_wong, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Wow! That was fast! VERY nice Wong. Looking forward to your next post.
  2. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wong,

You are doing some really nice work. I am glad to see the sbs and thanks for sharing with us your madness! ;)

Joe
  3. y_wong New Member

Thanks Jason and Joe. I will be sculpting the hand onto the musket today.

BTW Jason, I have just finished the modification to the kepi. Should be posting it here, hopefully later in the day.

How is your leg, Joe? Everything turns out OK?

regards :)
  4. y_wong New Member

Dear all,

Based on Pete Culos and Jason's comment, I have modified the slope of the forage cap. Attached is a pic of the primed head.

Attached Files:

5. Vic123 New Member

Hi Wong Yau,
    Finally I am here. Great sculpting as always. Will post more when I figure out how this site works...:)

Victor
  6. y_wong New Member

Dear Victor,

Finally you are here. I was wondering when you will show up.

A warm welcome to you.

7. y_wong New Member

Dear folks,

I have scratch built a detailed M1855 cartridge box to complement my Alabamian. It is meant to be a discarded cartridge box lying by his foot with paper cartridges strewn about. Hope you like it.

The strap will be sculpted when I start on the groundwork.

Attached Files:

8. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wong,

You are doing some really nice work. I am looking forward to seeing what is next. Thanks for the thought on my leg, I will start therapy tonight and hopefully it will help.

Joe
  9. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    VERY,VERY NICE,Wong Yau (y) (y) !! You must show me how to get the putty to a real smooth texture at our next monthly meeting together with Victor.Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:
  10. y_wong New Member

Thanks Joe and Kenneth.

Joe: From your msg, I am glad to know that your injury in not too serious. Hope you get well soon.

Kenneth: No problem, I am glad to share what I know with you.

11. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Wong, looking good. I have another observation if you don't mind.

Here's a M1855 cartridge box (reproduction), note the inner flap. The purpose of this flap is to prevent cartridges from falling out when in action. Even after heavy use, this flap will retain it's shape and remain closed over the tins.

Now if you want to show cartridges falling out, bring the tins "out" more so as to not be totally enclosed by the inner flap.

Just a suggestion, don't mean to nit-pick :)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  12. y_wong New Member

Dear Jason,

Based on your comment, I have checked back to the pic that I have seen from the internet ( http://www.ohiohistoryteachers.org/02/01/cw04.shtml) and indeed it shows one of the tin boxes protruding hence causing the inner flap from closing. Furthermore the sides were torn hence the inner flap appear flat instead of curve as expected. I will be making the changes and will post the result soon.

Honestly, I always look forward to your comments or critiques as I found them very helpful. Furthermore you always post pics for my references and give reason which I am grateful.

Thanks for sharing..... :)
  13. y_wong New Member

Dear folks,

I have made changes to the cartridge box as suggested by Jason. Attached is a pic of the amended box. Hope your like it.

For an SBS of the process, you may want to refer to my website at http://sg.geocities.com/y_wong62/

Attached Files:

14. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Excellent job Wong! I'll bet it took great patience in making those tins...VERY nice touch!
  15. y_wong New Member

Thanks Jason.

16. y_wong New Member

Dear all,

I have more or less completed the hands and sleeves. The cap pouch is temporarily placed to check out the hand pose.

Hope you like it.

Attached Files:

17. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    VERY NICE,Wong Yau (y) (y) !! Will I get to see it in the flesh when we next meet-up with Victor ? Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:
  18. y_wong New Member

Sure. I am working on his shirt now.

19. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wong, Very nice. The cartridge box is excellent, it's not often you get to see the interior of one.~Gary (y)
  20. y_wong New Member

Thanks Gary, it's one of my mini project to enhance the vignette for my Alabamian. You may have noticed that I am sourcing for information regarding the fallschirmjager drop cannister. Yeap, it's for my fallschirmjager vignette in Operation Mecury.

You may also have noticed that I did a detailed GI helmet quite some time back. You may want to refer to my WIP page in my website.