1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Thankyou

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by specmod, Aug 2, 2008.

1. specmod Active Member

Australia
    Hello all

l would like to thank everyone for making me feel welcome to this excelent site, and in return , l thought l would give you all a little history about myself.
    Where do l start, well l have been modelling for approx 15 years seriously, building anything that l find interesting, and have been figure modelling for approx 8 years, and am hooked.
    Again l paint any figures that interest me from any period, but if you havent noticed, l am fascinated with with the Samurai period, and even have a nice little collection of real Samurai Swords.
    l am very lucky to have a wife and son who are patient with me and do show an interest for my hobby, and also a group of freinds that also paint, and together we learn from each other.
    For me this is a great hobby and even though some say that this is not art, l beg to differ, not when you look at some of the excelent works that appear on this and other sites, ours is just 3 dimensional, thats all.
    Well thankyou all again, and l look forward to hearing from you all now and in the future, happy modelling.
    Cheers
    Andrew

PS: Heres a pic of another of my figures, cant expect you to read all this and not have something to look at.

Attached Files:

2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    G'day Andrew,

Another beautiful Samurai mate. I can understand your fascination with this period of Japanese history.

I don't know if there are any figure modelling clubs in Sydney anymore, but I have found being a member of a figuremodelling club has really increased my enjoyment of our hobby and taught me a great deal about how to improve my painting and provided a great deal of inspiration. Needless to say Planet Figure is a bit like being a member of a virtual figure modelling club and it too has inspired me. Keep showing your work mate, its great.

Cheers
  3. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Andrew, keep 'em comin' mate! Thanks for sharing.

Jay H.
    OKC
  4. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    another one to be proud off
  5. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Andrew,
    Welcome and another great figure.
    Cheers
    John
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Andrew,
    if you have some more of these, i really would see them all.

Marc