1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Thank you for adding me.

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by IvorD, Feb 23, 2021.

1. IvorD New Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for letting me join. I am looking forward to being a regular visitor from Essex, UK. My main interest is the American Civil War and I have been collecting and painting for longer than is decent. Lockdown has given me the time and the motivation to add to the stash, to my wife's great exasperation.
    1969, Chris Oldfield, Airkid and 2 others like this.
  2. Graham A Fixture

England
    Welcome to Planet Figure Ivor. There are many on here that share your interest in the ACW and collecting far too many figures......
    IvorD and Nap like this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there Ivor

A BIG ŴELCOME to PF

Great to have you with us ....share the PF word !!!

Do ask any questions someone will know

Lots of different sections to look at including traditional and 3 D sculpting , competitions , WIP's , References , Painting techniques and so much more

There are threads in Welcome Aboard about how to do things on PF but feel free to message me always happy to help

We have V Bench for WIP's as well https://www.planetfigure.com/forums/vbench-works-in-progress.35/ ) , and also a Completed part

ALL figures are welcome and of course Vignettes & Diorama ( we run friendly competitions if you wish as well , one called FOTM where there are 3 classes to choose in which to enter )

Look forward to seeing your figures

Happy bench-time

Nap ( Moderator/Admin )
    IvorD likes this.
  4. IvorD New Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks so much, always looking to learn from those who know and learn new techniques. Thanks again.
    Nap likes this.
  5. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Welcome onboard Ivor (y)

Just finished a couple of FeR figures one of which was from the ACW and there's a cracking vignette of Shenandoah miniatures which has just been finished amongst others on here. Plenty of encouragement and inspiration around for you :)

Cheers
    Paul
    Nap likes this.
  6. IvorD New Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Paul. I am looking forward to making my way through the pages and find my way round. Seems a very friendly and helpful site.
    Nap likes this.
  7. Airkid A Fixture

England
    Welcome Ivor from a fellow ACW enthusiast(y)

Phil
  8. IvorD New Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Phil, yes, been ACW orientated for sometime now. Always on the lookout for new kits coming out. Looking forward to listening to like minded people.
    Nap likes this.
  9. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    10022208273398487549282411.gif

Welcome
    Nap and IvorD like this.
  10. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Welcome Ivor.
    Steve
    IvorD likes this.
  11. IvorD New Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks everyone, I am grateful for the warm welcome.