1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Texas Jack

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by AJLaFleche, Jan 22, 2016.

1. AJLaFleche Well-Known Member

Here is Thunderbird Miniatures’ 1/10 bust of Texas Jack Vermillion as sculpted by Carl Reid. The bust is based on the Texas Jack as portrayed in the movie TOMBSTONE with Kurt Russell and Val Kilmer. The actor portraying Texas Jack was Peter Sherayko. The bust is painted in Vallejo acrylics and features the Scale 75 acrylic flesh paints. The base is from Birch Tree Enterprises of Freeport LI, NY and the name plate from Dinn Brothers of West Springfield MA

The pose is from a scene where Wyatt Earp has just eliminated on of his adversaries and his posse is lined up. The gun, according to Carl Reid and confirmed by an internet search is a Kennedy-Whitney from the same company that made the cotton gin. The character in the movie is often seen with a pair of beaded gauntlets over his belt as depicted in the sculpt.

Texas Jack was a real person and accompanied Wyatt Earp on his Vengeance Ride to hunt down the assailants of his brothers, Morgan and Virgil. According to sources on the internet, Texas Jack rode with J.E.B. Stuart in the Virginia Cavalry during the Civil War. Supposedly, when asked why he was called Texas Jack, he replied, “Because I’m from Virginia.”

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/ajlafleche/Texas%20Jack/IMG_1202_1.jpg[img][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#000000][img]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/ajlafleche/Texas%20Jack/IMG_1203.jpg

[IMG]

[IMG]
    marco55 and arj like this.
  2. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi AJ,
    This looks pretty cool to me.

Nice one.

Paul
  3. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi mate
    Looking really great you have done a cracking job with the art work pressure to get mine done
    Cheers Chris
  4. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nicely painted, and that plinth really sets it off.

Cheers,
    Andrew