1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Teutonic Grand Master, Pegaso, 54 mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by KeithP, Dec 18, 2004.

1. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Hey Folks-

Some progress on my next figure.

The helm is mostly done, but after photo's I noticed some areas for touch up.
    Armor is done in GS Mr metal. No weathering yet.

Messed with the camera some this time, too. First use of a tripod (whoa... big help!) and presetting the white balance to the background rather than auto.

As always, looking for ways to improve the armor. Pls give your comments and suggestions. :)

And, thanks to Johnny Grogan for the tips for the horns.

Keith

Attached Files:

2. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    'nuther pic of the helm with a camera lighting tweak...

Attached Files:

3. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    And one of the surcoat with the white base acrylic laid in (Thanks Joe H for the formulas :) )

Mail not weathered...

Comments welcome!

Keith

Attached Files:

4. Alex Lopez Well-Known Member

Mexico
    Good work Keith !! I like very much as far, this horns looks real.
    I´ll seeing...

Alex.
  5. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Yeap great work on the helm Keith.. those horns really look real.
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looking great Keith.....will watch this one develop
  7. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Keith,looks real good so far, I like the way you did the horns.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc.
  8. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Way to go Kieth! I had my Teutonic knight from Pegaso (the Grandmaster though) and was cleaning him up. I'm very much looking forward to seeing you do this. Share your (Johny Grogan's) technique for horns. Thay look very good.

Jim Patrick
  9. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Keith,

The horns look really nice and you have done a nice job on the tunic, smooth. I am glad it helped and look forward to seeing the really nice white that you paint. :)

Joe
  10. elvis A Fixture

:) Good work keith, is a very great figure. ciao from luca
  11. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Alex, Guy, Roc and Xenophon-

Thanks very much for the nice comments. I have to say this Pegaso piece is the finest quality that I have painted so far. The Laracca scupt is great - subtle menace. But, the casting was flawless. No clean up and perfect dry fit.

Keith
  12. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Jim - Thanks for the comments on the horn. I used the warhammer bubonic brown as base, many very thin highs of bubonicbrown and bone white and adding progressively toward the top of the horns with the last few coats of pure bone white. The shadow is many thin coats of Val black. Painted in some thin lines of black and val choc brown. When dry 2 thin coats of linseed oil 25% and thinner 75%.

Joe - Yes. Your white SBS got me to give white acrylics a go. If I mess up I know who to blame... :lol:

Luca - I appreciate yourt comments. I studied your version of this figure from your site. Your version is a great inspiration.

Keith
  13. Brent Fordham New Member

Canada
    The horns are excellent. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the figure (y)
  14. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    Looks great so far. Like the horns!
  15. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Man, you guys must be psychic... :lol: After letting the torso sit since mid Dec, I spent yesterday working on the shades and highs. I started out with a too dark base on the surcoat and it's been tough to bring out the darker shades. I'll post some pics toward the week end.

Thanks for the comments.

Keith