1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Teutonic Grand Master; Pegaso 54 mm Done!

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by KeithP, May 8, 2005.

1. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Well, this one is done at last. This is the second figure that I have done in acrylic (except for the GS Mr metal and printers inks). Now, I remember why I usually paint in oil :lol:

Hope you all like it, let me know what you think. All comments are welcome :)

Keith

Attached Files:

2. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    'nuther

Attached Files:

3. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    ;) 2 more...

Attached Files:

4. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Last one... Thanks for viewing! :)

Keith

Attached Files:

5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful work Keith........I like the subtle weathering of the bottom of the tunic. What are you using for snow?
  6. elvis A Fixture

:) :) Great work Keith, I love this figure. Ciao Luca
  7. elvis A Fixture

:) :) Great work Keith, I love this figure. Ciao Luca
  8. Roc Active Member

United-States
    -Hey Keith ,very nice work, this figure is on my to do list, when ever I get around to it.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Roc. :)
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello Keith,

Well done. Great job.

Marc
  10. nagashino New Member

Hi Keith

Very nice indeed. I echo Guy - what is the snow made from - it looks very effective.

Do you think you will stay with acrylics now?

Cheers

Phil
  11. Calvin Member

Nice to see your knight finished.

When I go back to the figures, some months ago, I start again with acrylics. It's true that is not an easy medium, at least for me, but now I'm seeing all its advantages.
  12. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Guy-

Thanks for comments on the weathering. The snow is 2/3 Hudson and Allen Snow + 1/3 micro balloons. When I tried them seperately the H&A is too flat and the microballoons are too sparkly. Together they look pretty real.

Luca - Also, thanks to you. Your own version on your site was an inspiration!

Keith
  13. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Roc - Yes. Although I have not done that many figures, this was by far and away the best cast and fit figure. I usually try to fit everything major together before painting but the dry fit was perfect.

Marc - I am glad you commented. Thanks for checking it out.

Keith
  14. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Phil and Luca - I don't know about continuing with acrylics. My ability to judge dilutions is really pretty bad. Either too thin or too heavy on all my shadings
    and highlights. Oil seems much more intuitive to me. I seem to have a better feel for it. On the other hand, the results I see from Jaime, Calvin and Joe Hudson really make me want to keep trying with the acrylics.

We'll see :lol:

Keith
  15. nagashino New Member

Hi Keith

Yes, like you I find oils just that bit more "user friendly" and although I agree that the Planeteers you mention really do make me think I should be persevering with acrylics, I somehow don't find them that easy. I guess its all about old dogs and new tricks (with me anyway) :lol:

Regards

Phil
  16. Brad S Member

Hey Keith,

I like the figure. The snow looks great also. Paint with whatever you like. What works best for YOU. I like acrylics, but that is what I started with. But dont limit yourself to one or the other. I will use watercolors, chalks, inks, craft paints, pencils, and anything else lying around. Thanks for sharing your work with us.

Brad Spelts
  17. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Brad-

Thanks for the nice comments. I don't really agonize over the medium. Like you mentioned, I'll use almost anything ifit works. :lol:

Keith