1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Tenth Doctor

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by iztemaan, Mar 25, 2014.

1. iztemaan Active Member

Spain
    Hi guys:

This is not a commercial work, for now, but I can't resist to showing you. Hope you like it.

[IMG]

Attached Files:

Stanislav, Scotty, JonP and 4 others like this.
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Great likeness.(y)
  3. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    What scale? I am ashamed to say I don't know who it is but I do know its excellent.

Colin
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    crf likes this.
  5. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Ah I see. Thanks Carl. I haven't watched Dr Who since Tom Baker. I was veering towards a young Clint Eastwood but knew that was off.

Colin
  6. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Interesting... how about doing him perched on lower half of a Darlek plinth :giggle:
  7. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    You're welcome Colin.
    Same as me then, I lost interest after Tom.(y)
  8. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Oh the diabolical irony, honestly, the very idea of Doctor Davros!!!
    Absolutely great job of sculpting, love the way you did the hair. this is a spot on likeness of David Tennant. Personally though, my favorite Doctor was Patrick Troughton!
    Best wishes, Gary.
  9. debrito A Fixture

Canada
    Great sculpt, well done...But I think you should not sculpt the eyes pupil, In my opinion it should be flat and let the painters decide how the eyes will be placed..
    Nonetheless , is a great face

Regards
    crf likes this.
  10. Pilgrim_uk Active Member

He was probably one of the best doctors since Tom.
    captnenglish likes this.
  11. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great stuff. I have watched since John Pertwee and David Tenent is one of the best and most popular. If this was commercial, it would sell like hot cakes. I could use a dozen for Christmas gifts (and one for myself of course).
  12. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I agree with the eyes, any thoughts on doing the full range.
  13. swralph A Fixture

Great sculpt and likeness(y)
  14. Jim Active Member

I agree about the pupils; I'm on-board for the Third Doctor (my 'first' Doctor), the Fourth Doctor, not to mention the Eleventh Doctor if you're contemplating a commercial venture.
    Very nice sculpt - you really nailed David Tennent's image.
    captnenglish likes this.
  15. iztemaan Active Member

Spain
    It's curious for me to see how deep this series left his mark in your country. I had only a reference to this before 2005 watching a part of "Doctor Who and the Daleks" with Peter Cushing... In super8!
    I am sorry for not having had the opportunity to watch this series during my childhood, and I envy you for the luck that you had.
    I'll keep in mind all your suggestions in the case that some day I put it on the market.

Thanks to all for your comments!
  16. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Not a Dr Who fan however I am familiar with the actor and its a cracking likeness and I agree with the eye suggestion.
    Cheers Chris
  17. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    If you think you missed out with Doctor Who, what about Supercar, Fireball XL5, Stingray and Thunderbirds? Not to mention Quatermass,:woot::woot:
    Best wishes, Gary.
  18. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I lost interest in the show after Ecclestone left. Tennent was far too wide-eyed and manic for my liking. And the less said about Matt Smith the better (from what little I saw of him).

Nonetheless a great sculpt and a good likeness.

- Steve
  19. Pilgrim_uk Active Member

Being a Tom baker fan that might be the reason I liked him. ;)
  20. iztemaan Active Member

Spain
    Hi Garyhiggins, I enjoyed all those series, and Captain Scarlet, Joe 90, Secret Service, and later UFO and Space 1999. All of them were broadcasted in Spain but Doctor Who wasn't.
    Regards.
    garyhiggins likes this.