1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Tenn Boys

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Joe Hudson, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Well, after talking with Mike Blank in Chicago he convinced me that I needed to do something other than just a stand alone figure. Well, I have been making all kinds of excuses about what not to do and had all these dreams about what I wanted to do so here is the start of either a 10 figure dio or a 3 figure vigenette. :D

These are still in the ruff stages but getting there, I hope. The different color putties are just Duro and Aves. I was bored and trying to see what mixtures I liked.

Thanks for looking,

Joe

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Robert Dominick Member

United-States
    Joe, Looks like a great start!
  3. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Looks very interesting!
  4. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Great start mate. Are you using Shenendoah heads Joe?
  5. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Coming along just fine, Joe!
    Please keep us updated on the progress.

Cheers
  6. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Great start Joe, I will be following your progress!

Marcel.
  7. jjgurk Member

United-States
    Great start Joe. Looking forward to watching the progress you make and the finished vignette.

John
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Looks very promising Joe.
    Can you explain what is the idea behind the scene. So far i see no interaction between the figures. They all look another direction.
    But i really like what you have sculpt so far.

Marc
  9. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks guys. I will try to post more as I go.

Tony, I have not used any of the Shenendoah heads on these guys. They are 2 Historex and the other a Mussini(sp?) metal one.

Marc,

My original idea is to have these guys and a drummer boy being charged by 4 Union guys. I am not sure how many more but I do know that I will more than likely add at least another figure to this grouping and may rearrange them as well. I hope that this makes sense.

Joe
  10. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks Joe,
    It make's sense to this scene. Are you gonna sculpt those 4 guys also??
    Then you have alot of work to do.

Marc
  11. Aterz Active Member

Italy
    Interesting work Joe, great start!

regards from Italy
    Andrea
  12. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Andrea,

Thank you.

Marc,

The more I think about it, yes. I think I am just going to dive in and if it takes me forever then so be it! ;)
  13. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Know the feeling Joe. Although not as adventurous as you, I came back from MMSI wanting to try something a little different. I took the plunge and decided to try a conversion piece (Civil War Zoauve) and a WW2 wedgie. We'll wait and see how successful this will prove to be;)
  14. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Paul,

It must have been in the H2O!! I really look forward to seeing yours!! Please keep me posted with it.

Joe
  15. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Joe,
    Very nice start and looks good. I am thinking of being ambitious with the Romeo and Pegaso diorama in the Tavern. Notice "thinking".
    Cheers
    John
  16. renarts Active Member

United-States
    Very dynamic piece Joe. I look forward to your progress. Damn I wish I could have sat in on some of those figure sessions when you still lived here in the area....I kind of feel like Maxwell Smart...."Missed it by that much...."
    Mike
  17. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States

Hey John,

Thanks. I think you should jump in and just do it. I have done what you say "thinking" for a long time and now I just figure what the heck, nothing ventured nothing gained, at least that is what they say! ;)

Hey Mike,

I sure wish I had known you then as well! I am not sure if you would have learned anything but it sure would have been fun to have someone to knock some ideas around with so close! Drop me a line anytime.

Joe
  18. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Well, I have decided to just keep sculpting until I get tired! :rotflol: Here are a another pair of figures that I will add to the scene. One will be trying to smash the guy with his rifle butt while the other takes him out with a punch.

Thanks for looking.

Joe

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  19. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Joe, i must admit that i really like what you are doing. Infact, i'm a little bit jalous because i cannot sculpt.
    Following this with great interest.

Marc
  20. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    how can someone get bored when making such a fine vignette?