1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Templar Knight

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by simon m., May 1, 2009.

1. simon m. New Member

Germany
    Hi,

As this is my first post I´ll briefly inroduce myslf.
    My name is Simon I´m 24 years old and come from Germany. I´ve been painting, mainly 28mm fantasy miniatures, for about 6 years now and since last year I am also sculpting a bit.

The mini I´m posting should depict a templar knight during the battle if Hattin.

It´s 54mm tall was sculpted with Milliput and Fimo and was painted in oil and acrylics.

Comments, critic etc. are of course very appreciated.

Cheers, Simon.

[IMG][/URL][/IMG]

The green:

[IMG][/URL][/IMG]
  2. magister militum New Member

United-States
    Wow. Fantastic sculpting and painting. I'm inspired to give sculpting a try. The flail is a nice touch. I may just have to replace the axe on my 90mm Pegaso Hospitaller kit with one. :)
  3. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    very nice indeed! i love the amount of animation in the figure and his gear and the paint with the blood adds to it again

And welcome

:)
  4. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Beautiful work in total ! Would you care to share with us the way to sculpt the chain mail ?
    Costas
  5. Kevin D. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Excellent job and I LOVE the flail!

Also would like to know how you did the chainmail since I have to repair the mail on one of my figures that the dog got hold of. (ouch)

Thanks

Kevin D.
  6. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    awesome Sculpture.
    Your work is amazing!

Mitsutaka
  7. Aterz Active Member

Italy
    Excellent sculpture and amazing paintjob. Great work!

regards from Italy
    Andrea
  8. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Welcome to the planet Simon and hats off to your amazing sculpting and painting talents!!!

WOW............I'm impressed to say the least!!!!

Bravo!!!!

Regards........

Ray ;)
  9. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Welcome to the Planet Simon, first sculpt!! WOW, one of my favourite subjects, I will defiantly be looking out for more of your work here on the Planet.
    Cheers
    Tommi
  10. Elaphus Active Member

Germany
    Wow and Bravo,

fantastic work !!!

Greetings

Karsten
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Well Simon,
    I never lay my hands on sculpting because i'm afraid to spent alot off time for nothing more then the trashbin.
    If i see your first sculpt i can only say that you have talent for sculpting.
    Your painting of the knight is also very good.

Marc
  12. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice work with the sculpting Simon and also the painting, i think the facial expresion really matches the pose well, very nice touch with the flail.

Steve
  13. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Excellent sculpting and painting Simon, you have captured the textures very well.Look forward to seeing more of your work.

Cheers David
  14. simon m. New Member

Germany
    Hi,

Thank you alll very much for your warm words!:)

It´s not my first sculpt I´ve been sculpting entire miniatures for about one year now. If you are interested some of my work can be found here:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/simon m..
    http://www.das-bemalforum.de/viewtopic.php?t=5388&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

@Major Goose; Kevin D.: I just applied a thin layer of putty and gave it about half an hour to cure. Then I pressed small holes in a line and pulled these holes in one direction for the next line I did the same yet pulled the holes in the opposite direction and so on. After some lines you get the mail structure.

Cheers, Simon.
  15. Don Well-Known Member

Simon I think this is a wonderful figure of one of my favourite periods. It captures what fighting in that area at that time must have really been like. Worn out clothing and trying to get some sun protection and the templar looks exhausted. Superb bit of work very well done. Best templar I have seen for a while.
    Don
  16. jjgurk Member

United-States
    Exceptional.
    John
  17. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Welcome to the planet Simon!

Great figure you have done:cool:
    Particularly, I liked the fleshtones.
    Auf Wiedersehen!

Regards from Portugal
    Pedro
  18. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Simon,
    Great figure and you did a fantastic job on both counts of sculpting and painting.
    Cheers
    John
  19. simon m. New Member

Germany
    Hi,

Thank you all very much for looking, the kind words and the warm welcome!

Cheers, Simon.
  20. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Simon welcome to the planet.
    Great sculpted figure and excellent paintwork!
    Looking forward to see more of your work.

regards,
    Marcel.