1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Templar Knight in Jerusalem

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Arsies, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Arsies Active Member

Spain
    This figurine was in my WIPs showcase long time ago. My wife Cris started it with oils almost a year ago but circunstances (that is, our daughter) parked the mini. When the oportunity to go to Monte San Savino this year appeared to me this mini entered in schedule automatically. Once finished my principal projects I had some days to expend on this bust that I restarted from the beggining with acrilics.

As timeframe was too short, my usual technics were not an option. Shading I use it's not slow, but when I need an extra gear I work with this kind of textures, looking much more for brush stroke intencionality (As Alfonso, Banshee, should say, big defender of this kind of interpretation) than perfect shading, so I don't need to clean or integrate strokes, but need much more concenteration and a clear idea of what are you doing because you can't correct.

That's not something I used to do, but several resources are alwais welcome if you need to aply on different needs.

At the end I'm quite happy with this bust, face expression and athmosphere are quite good even if some more extra time to polish the black cloth could be great.

Arsies_studio.jpg

B02.jpg

B03.jpg

B04.jpg

B06.jpg

B08.jpg
    Mike Stevens, Joe55, maxag and 6 others like this.
  2. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Weird beard effect but in overall a very nice painting.

cheers
    crf likes this.
  3. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Another stunning paint job by you (and your Wife) all round, the shield, weathering and leather is excellent. I have to agree with the beard though, compared to the rest of him, it stands out as being a bit under done
    Ben
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    great work, but a wash on the beard will tone it down, blend the colors together and will look better then this.

Marc
  5. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent painting and weathering.
    Cheers
    John
  6. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    A sharp looking bust! The look of texture, plus the wear and tear to his clothing and gear is very well done (y)!

Joe
  7. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Another beautiful piece