First of all, thanks to all of you who view this WIP and give me insight in to how I can better myself into a Master Modeller. I have built models since I was a young child and later on during high school my focus went towards WWII diaromas though I never got into much depth. This will be the first time in 10 years that I have picked up a brush to work on a figure and I am very excited! Anyways if you want my background check out my profile; onto the figure! Andrea Warrior Monk circa 1250 A.D. 90mm: painted with Reaper Master Series paint (Ive used craft paint until know) I chose this figure because it has a simple design and I figured it would be a good piece to start learning how to model. Later I found out during my research stage that painting white is actually quite challenging so we will see how it goes My research on this era takes me to the 7th Crusade led my King Louis IX to a city called Al Mansurah in Egypt. The month is February and the year 1250. This conquest of Egypt was meant to supply the troops and open a road to Jerusalem in another attempt at regaining control of the Holy Lands. King John of England (most likely from Robin Hood's time) refused to send troops so this was mostly a French Crusade with a spattering number of soldiers from other countries. This knight would have most likely been a French Templar Knight and by the sculpting scheme he would have been in this position after the battle. This conquest failed at Al Mansurah and the troops retreated; leaving King Louis IX captured for ransom. I am sculpting this figure to be placed upon a custom sculpted base that will resemble a long ridge that overlooks Al Mansurah. This knight would have been devastated at this loss and he stands upon the ridge, looking one last time at the ruin from a battle he wishes to forget... First pieces sanded and polished I used epoxy and a heavy CA glue to put the pieces together Primed First coat using unthinned 'tanned shadow' as a base and then ran washes of 'tanned highlight and shadow' to get contrast. Then used 'blushing rose' to get a sunburnt color and left it at that until I add more stark contrast. base coat for scarf is Breonne blue, unthinned. thinned wash of highlights with Snow Shadow Another angle of the highlight wash on the scarf Added an overall wash of Sky Blue to brighten and even things a touch (maybe too much!) Started working the lowlights with Templar Blue. Another angle, And that's where Im at! I hope to add the good contrast of color tonight now that I have some better reference material for the scarf. Also the pics kinda suck and Im sure Ya'll dont want to click links all the time so I will find a better way!