1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review Templar Knight, 180mm (1/10th scale), Young Miniatures (YH1837)

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Stelios Demiras, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Stelios Demiras A Fixture

Greece
    Hello to all in planetfigure,
    I have in my hands one more release from Young Miniatures (www.young-miniatures.com) that depicts in an excellent way a Templar Knight. But as in most case of knights we can paint him as a knight of our liking in the same period using our heraldic options. Endless painting possibilities! As with all Young Miniatures kits we have all of the parts in a strong carton box that keep them safe in shipping. The total number of the resin pieces is 6 (including the small cylindrical pedestal) in light beige colour and the quality is of the highest standard! No molding lines, no air bubbles and the only thing to do is to remove the small molding blocks and go for painting! The cleaning is a matter of minutes! I have to admit that the sculpting of the face, the chainmail and the cloak is one of the best I have seen in a bust of this theme in this scale! Young B. Song has done a superb work as always. But also the painter Kirill Kanaev has driven the bust to a real masterpiece using his own style that has put new standards in Box Arts! I can not wait to paint this one! I must say that remembering 10 or more years ago at Euromilitaire (and in other European shows) the bust’s categories entries were very few in comparison with the other categories…When Young Miniatures start appearing, were the first ones that set new standards in the overall quality and open the bust market more! Till now I think that most of us unconsciously we compare any new bust release with Young’s quality. Of course now we have a lot of talented artists and painters that offer to our community awesome pieces that some years before we could not even imagine!

Title: Templar Knight
    Code: YH1837
    Size: 180mm
    Scale: 1/10
    Pieces: 6 High Quality Light Beige Resin
    Sculptor: Young B. Song
    Box Art: Kirill Kanaev

For more information contact young@young-miniatures.com or the dealers of Young Miniatures.

See the following photos for personal evaluation! Or visit the company's site for a large number of the painted bust www.young-miniatures.com. I hope that you will find this review useful!

YH1837-2.jpg _DSC2609.JPG _DSC2610.JPG _DSC2611.JPG _DSC2612.JPG _DSC2613.JPG _DSC2614.JPG _DSC2620.JPG _DSC2616.JPG _DSC2617.JPG _DSC2618.JPG _DSC2619.JPG YH1837-7.jpg YH1837-8.jpg YH1837-4.jpg
  2. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    very nice, I think I will have a go at one.
  3. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Beautiful sculpt, great face very natural looking, and doesn't look like it was modelled on an actor(y)(y).
    Best wishes, Gary.
  4. kevininpdx Well-Known Member

United-States
    Actually he looks like Arn: The Knight Templar.

[IMG]
  5. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Thank you Kevin, I stand corrected.
  6. kevininpdx Well-Known Member

United-States
    Arn is a great movie for those who like their films with at least a shred of historical accuracy. The model looks like an older version of him but I notice he has the scar from the wound the character received in the movie :rolleyes:
  7. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    This bust would be a must have for me,but the hair style looks a bit too modern for me, which is a bit off putting.
    Brian
  8. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    "Arn" is a damn good film, with great scenes, for anyone interested in that period or not. Another great film is the Russian version of "Taras Bulba", NOT the risible Hollywood version with Yul Brynner and Tony Curtis. This later film is closer to Gogol's novel, and you can see where Irbis Miniatures got their inspiration for their cossacks. Sorry to go off at a tangent,chaps.:rolleyes:

Alan
    Babelfish likes this.