1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Taxi de la Marne

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by btavis, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium

:lol: C'est magnifique, mon ami - superbe! (y)
  2. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium

:lol: C'est magnifique, mon ami - superbe! (y)
  3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Bob, Congratulations on a great piece, it turned out fantastic.~Gary
  4. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Bob, Congratulations on a great piece, it turned out fantastic.~Gary
  5. btavis Active Member

United-States
    I put translucent acrylic behind the stores so if it is backlight it shows off better.

Attached Files:

6. btavis Active Member

United-States
    I put translucent acrylic behind the stores so if it is backlight it shows off better.
  7. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Bob!

Great piece of art! Very very nice! I like how you did one corner different, adds more interest!
  8. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Bob!

Great piece of art! Very very nice! I like how you did one corner different, adds more interest!
  9. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hi Bob,
    your artistic creation is extremely well done,one of the nicest pieces that I have seen in years.I'm eager to see your next creation.
    Keep up the good work.
  10. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hi Bob,
    your artistic creation is extremely well done,one of the nicest pieces that I have seen in years.I'm eager to see your next creation.
    Keep up the good work.
  11. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I have waited awhile to see the end result........far ...far.....more superb than I imagined........WOW...................you did great Bob! (y)
  12. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I have waited awhile to see the end result........far ...far.....more superb than I imagined........WOW...................you did great Bob! (y)
  13. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Wonderful composition Bob. Very colorful as well, looks like you used the whole pallet. I look forward to seeing it in Atlanta and Tulsa.
  14. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Wonderful composition Bob. Very colorful as well, looks like you used the whole pallet. I look forward to seeing it in Atlanta and Tulsa.
  15. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Bob, Gotta comment again, wow! The composition and color really captures an event which has probably been done in miniature for the first time.~Gary
    (y) (y) (y) (y)
  16. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Bob, Gotta comment again, wow! The composition and color really captures an event which has probably been done in miniature for the first time.~Gary
    (y) (y) (y) (y)
  17. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Gary, the real challenge was to create a convincing scene without the assistance of a painting as a reference. Since I am a painter I think that I approached this as a three dimensional painting. Research was also extremely important and once I had enough material to work with the composition fell together naturally. I also wanted a circus like atmosphere despite the gravity of the situation to emphasize French elan in those dire circumstances.

Five months of work but I was sustained the entire time by the compelling nature of the subject. As grand as history may be sometimes small events that are relatively obscure or overshadowed can become epics in their own right when attention is drawn to them artistically.

Thanks to everyone's kind comments. I hope folks will enjoy it if they get a chance to see it in person.
  18. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Gary, the real challenge was to create a convincing scene without the assistance of a painting as a reference. Since I am a painter I think that I approached this as a three dimensional painting. Research was also extremely important and once I had enough material to work with the composition fell together naturally. I also wanted a circus like atmosphere despite the gravity of the situation to emphasize French elan in those dire circumstances.

Five months of work but I was sustained the entire time by the compelling nature of the subject. As grand as history may be sometimes small events that are relatively obscure or overshadowed can become epics in their own right when attention is drawn to them artistically.

Thanks to everyone's kind comments. I hope folks will enjoy it if they get a chance to see it in person.
  19. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Oh yeah, and Iistened to a lot of this type of music (soundfile):

Musette
  20. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Oh yeah, and Iistened to a lot of this type of music (soundfile):

Musette