1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Tarleton's Legion Officer Charleston, 1780 scale 1/12

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by palmielcore, Sep 15, 2015.

1. palmielcore Active Member

Romania
    Hello everybody,here's a new release that I made for the FerMiniatures company, a second bust with a subject that integrates in the same historic period - the American War of Independence.
    Lieutenant-Colonel Banastre Tarleton is today probably best remembered for his military service during the Revolutionary War.In 1778 he became the commander of the British Legion, a mixed force of cavalry and light infantry also called Tarleton's Raiders.

At the beginning of 1780 the Legion was delegated in South Carolina in some operations which culminated in the Capture of Charleston .This was part of the '' southern strategy '' by which the British directed to restore authority over the southern colonies. The uniform presented different changes so the FerMiniatures team has chosen this historical event to adapt the outfit of the bust to the classic paintings where the uniform of that era is best depicted : the famous Joshua Reynolds painting of Tarleton himself and the portrait of George Hanger , Lord Coleraine.
    The figure intends to reveal some facial features of the british actor Hugh Grant due to his very well interpreted characters from some movies with themes from the same period

[IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]
    offo, Perseas, rado2828 and 6 others like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys,

I have this and it's a cracking sculpt ...I am reviewing it after Euro !!!

Great to see how it's sculpted before release

Thanks for sharing

Nap
    palmielcore likes this.
  3. bucsfan21 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Palmielcore, I am greatly excited about the Tarleton's Legion bust! It is a super looking bust. I like the attention to detail in the headgear and jacket. The pose with pistol on shoulder is fantastic! Very British looking figure indeed!

I am a big fan of the American Revolution and would love to see someone do busts of the British 17th Light Dragoons and a Continental Dragoon. Who would be the contact person to pass these ideas on to please?

All the Best,

Terry Martin
    Member of the Atlanta Military Miniature Figure Society-Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    palmielcore likes this.
  4. palmielcore Active Member

Romania
    Hello again, Nap and Terry many thanks for your comments. Well, these are the final pics . I let the link if you want to vote on coolminiornot,

http://www.coolminiornot.com/386023

My best,Paul

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    blaster, ModelCellar, MCPWilk and 3 others like this.
  5. Perseas Well-Known Member

Greece
    Excellent and highly detailed work Paul!
    Exceptional work in the helmet also!
    Congratulations!!!
    palmielcore likes this.