1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

tamiya-new infantryman-iraq

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by mcsneed17, Mar 4, 2004.

1. mcsneed17 Member

i never done like before with this type of figure this anyone that can help me.thank you marc
  2. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Mark

Welcome to the Planet.

Hard to know exactly what you want to do!

This is the 120mm plastic guy, yes? I assume legs are 2 part hollow?

I think what might be handy is to illustrate what pose you want from him. Or describe it, and we could take it from there!

I've attached a teeny tiny pic of the fig in question

Attached Files:

3. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    whoops, didn't mean that to go in twice
  4. mcsneed17 Member

i do not have a digital camera and because of this i can not show any pictures
  5. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey!

Welcome to the planet!

Like Rob says, it really depends on what you are wanting to do. But if you are wanting to change the pose, I would assemble the two halfs of the body and then cut off, lets say the legs, where you want to reposition them, then put some putty in each of the parts that you just cut off, and then pin it with a paper clip or something, and then resculpt the ares where needed, trying to match the sculpting of the original figure. This is just a general way of doing things, if you are more specific we will be able to help you more.
  6. atitan_to Member

If you still not confirm the pose of the figure, you may use the wooden human model (sold in art store, for portray purpose) to make the most suitable pose....this may help you save time...

Happy modeling

Titan