1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Tamiya Dispatch rider on DKW 1/35

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Mariobusta, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Mariobusta A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi , Just finished this guy , dont usually paint plastic figures but gave it a go . He will end up on a diorama one day with a Tiger. have put a size comparison pic of my previous Tamiya bike .Thanks for looking. dispatch 2.jpg dispatch 8.jpg dispatch 5.jpg dispatch 6.jpg dispatch 7.jpg dispatch 4.jpg dispatch 1.jpg
  2. Huw63 A Fixture

Very nice figure - the bike could do with a little wiring and some cables but the finish is great. I make armour too.

I know I'm sad, boring and digressing but the Arnold figure is on the wrong model of Harley Davidson - it's a twin cam engined FL Softail Fat Boy in black whereas in the film he rode an Evolution Engined Fat Boy, the Twin Cam engine was announced in 1998 after the film was made.

Cheers

Huw
    Oda, stoffy01 and Mariobusta like this.
  3. Mariobusta A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Thanks Huw ,I know the bike could use some wiring but I just do this hobby for fun and try not to get to serious about it ,you may also have noticed that I only replaced the kits front wheel with etch cause I didn't think it was really necessary to bother with the back one as it is hardly visible.And you are right about Arnie ,but you must admit He does look cool !and I just wanted to make Tamiyas latest 1/6 bike just for fun.

Thanks for looking

Neil
    Oda, Grod, stoffy01 and 2 others like this.
  4. Huw63 A Fixture

Totally agree with your comment about fun - I ride so when I see no cables... but who cares as long as you are happy with the finished product. I'd be interested in seeing the finished diorama with the Tiger tank.

Arnie definitely does look cool and building the bike for fun is exactly what a hobby should be about - having fun.

Cheers

Huw
    Oda, Grod, stoffy01 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Neat to see your latest here mate.
    Both look cool subjects & good to hear you're still enjoying panting.

What size is that Arnie?
    He looks massive.

Stay safe
    Mike
    Mariobusta likes this.
  6. Mariobusta A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hey Mike

Arnie is a 12in Hot Toys action figure ! Haven't been painting much of late , lack of time and inspiration , just been mucking around on some random projects .

Thanks for looking and keep up the inspirational painting

Cheers
    Neil
    Mike - The Kiwi likes this.
  7. Oda A Fixture

Very well painted,since I don't know anything about bikes I cannot comment on the cables being absent or not but what I see can stand on its own without a Tiger.Very,very nice.

Oda.
    Mariobusta likes this.
  8. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hot Toys!
    Good stuff mate they are incredible items, quality is amazing.
    You could even do a,bit more with them too by weathering clothing & equipment.
    Did you get him from Mighty Ape?

Still painting more conventional subjects & on to a new bust at present.
    Stay safe,
    Mike
    Mariobusta likes this.
  9. Mariobusta A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Thanks Oda for the kind feedback ,The Tamiya bike is nice but a bit basic by today's standards and I wanted to see if I could get a decent looking model by a careful paint job , also the plastic figure was a challenge compared to a resin figure so I was pleased with the results .
    Cheers

Neil
    Oda likes this.
  10. Mariobusta A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Yeah , they are amazing quality ,I got him from Hong Kong and am a bit embarrassed to admit I have a small collection of their Star Wars figures , Lol

Look forward to seeing the bust

Cheers

Neil
    Mike - The Kiwi likes this.
  11. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Wouldn't be embarrassed mate :)
    Look forward to seeing them possibly one day.
    Do you have Boba?
  12. Mariobusta A Fixture

New_Zealand

No i dont have Boba . I used to think he was the coolest thing around when i was a kid but after re watching the movies over the years i realised he is not that great of a character . Also the best thing about hot Toys is the head sculpts , some of them have to be seen to be believed ! Check out Rey and Fin is even better ! IMG_2263.JPG
    John Bowery and Mike - The Kiwi like this.
  13. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Boba was all about style rather than substance mate!
    Tem did a better job giving him some character as his dad ;)

Yep seen the head sculpts.
    They are artworks in their own right.
    Saw one chap just paint up Bruce Willis head for display.
    It was superb.
  14. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Very well done and nice tones.
    Cheers
    John