1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Tamiya British WWI_in coming

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Mac1966, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Mac1966 Well-Known Member

Italy
    After British infantry set n° 35339 another set is coming: 1/35 WWI British Infantry - w/Small Arms & Equipment.

header_32409.jpg

I have the previous one, perhaps is better, more realistic, might not have used the same sculptor: 61IeAcF9uWL._SL1500_.jpg

Ciao
    Marco
  2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    The new set of figures look very static and uninspired.
    Steve and captnenglish like this.
  3. fabrizio1969 A Fixture

Italy
  4. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    First one is horrible.....style is obsolete by 40 years. What's with those helmets?

Colin
    Tommi and OldTaff like this.
  5. maya8 Member

Canada
    I believe the 'new' Tamiya set is a rebox of the old ICM figures (10+ years old). It should say so on the box. Recent ICM figures for WW1 are much better, with good equipment.

[The recent ICM figures remind me of MasterBox figures (same sculptor?). But their poses are boring a bit.]

The Tamiya WW1 figure initially released with their Mk. IV set new standard for plastic figures (the second set above), in my opinion. I read somewhere that these are based on a 3D scan of the real thing.

Cheers,

Patrick
    Mike S. likes this.
  6. Oldironsides Guest

United-Kingdom
    I have to agree that the new set just looks awful. Back to the drawing board for Tamiya me thinks.

Mark
  7. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The oiginal set looks much better. Shame Tamiya hasn't done it in 120mm!

Mike
  8. Huw63 A Fixture

I'm usually open to new releases and can appreciate them even if they're not my thing (for instance I'm not a fan of busts and wouldn't buy one but I love and admire what some PF members do with them). However this new set is simply dreadful- not sure why but they look wrong somehow - the officer appears to have a helmet over his hat or he's got a funny shaped head!

This is a shame as I bought a Takom Mark IV Male Tank recently and need some figures to go around it.

Got it off my chest and feel better now!

Cheers

Huw
  9. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    The new set look really better than the old one !
    But i do not really like Tamiya for figures, really prefer (in plastic) MB or ICM!
  10. Blue Thunder A Fixture

Portugal
    I am just figuring out if these awkward chaps were made by Trumpeter and we were in an airplane forum, how many pages would this topic have... :whistle: :joyful: :ROFLMAO:

Well, since they came from Tamiya everything is softer :shy: I'm pretty sure we will see some of them at the competition tables in the upcoming years!
  11. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    http://en.diorama.ru/workshop/reviews/64/

as said the "new" set from Tamiya is the set previously (about ten years ago) released by ICM - if you like it it might be cheaper without the Tamiya logo on its box;)
    Manfred and Mac1966 like this.
  12. captfue Active Member

United-States
    Tamiya wasted it's time on these.
    OldTaff likes this.
  13. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    They certainly look very similar to the ICM figures. However, Tamiya appear to have made some amendments to the figures. I have an original ICM set and the boxart shows a difference:-
    Boxart.jpg
    The ICM sprue has some flash, but not enough to be inconvenient:-
    IMG_1013c.jpg
    A close-up of three of the heads shows them to be OK, but I'd tend to add Hornet Heads:-
    Heads.jpg
    Therefore, I most certainly won't waste my money on the Tamiya set of 4 figures, although I'm sure a reasonable result could be achieved with the ICM set (with Hornet heads).
    The Tamiya set of 5 figures is a completely different kettle of fish, and is certainly worth looking at.
    Cheers,
    Andrew
  14. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Not inspired at all , so I'll stick to Masterbox and ICM for plastic figures .
    chippy