1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Tales of the Raj - Gunga Din

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by valiant, Dec 21, 2014.

1. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi guys,

some pics of my latest project, the water carrier Gunga Din from the Kipling poem of the same name.
    1/16 scale bust in Miliput and Duro. Still a lot to do, especially shaping the bugle and some tidying up on the details. There will be a small plinth as with the others in the series, which depict characters from books and poems of the era.

This will join my others which will be available for purchase early in the New Year, under the name of Tales of the Raj, but more of that later!

thanks for looking,

Steve(y)

Attached Files:

2. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great subject as usual Steve.
    Gordon
  3. red tom Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Nice Idea Steve, I like it
  4. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Very nice.
    Keith
  5. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for the comments, chaps! It seemed to fit well with the Man Who Would Be King trio and the Green Eye.. bust that I did a while back. Im not sure if there may be more in the series, Ill have to re read my copy of Barrack Room Ballads! Maybe there could be an archetypal Tommy Atkins..!(y)
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Steve ,

Nice work mate like the sound of the new range "Tales of the Raj"... The subject is full of potential......

Looking out for the new on this and TA possibly

Happy Christmas and happy sculpting

Thanks for sharing

Nap