1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Tales of the North

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by davidmitchell, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Frustratingly and annoyingly brilliant!

I say that because until I saw this, I thought that my own rendition was actually quite good.

I HATE sobering reality checks!!!

- Steve

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
  2. Mariner Active Member

Canada
    So David, have you started the snow/ice/water SBS yet?:D
    This is outstanding on all fronts!

Mary
  3. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Like Gomer Pyle used to say.......'SHAZAM!'

Joe
  4. dimgall Active Member

Greece
    great work.i wish you could share some mixes on violet and the metals on the axe. thanks!!
  5. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Thanks to all who have commented so far, I always enjoy the feedback on Planet.For everyone that asked about the groundwork here is a brief description of the what materials were used.The wooden based was selected as it had the right contours to fit in with my idea for the groundwork.The resin base that comes with the figure was used and the rest built up with Milliput, a base coat of Hawk turquoise gave me a starting point and was then highlighted & shaded with blues & greens.The icicles are made from stretched clear sprue placed on the base one at a time and blended in with Vallejo water effects paste. The water is Deluxe materials two part resin poured into a clear plastic former, a second thinner coat was poured and while wet Micro balloons sprinked on top to give the look of thin ice.The snow is from Hudson & Allen mixed to a paste with white glue and sprinkled with Micro balloons.

Cheers David
  6. ATTİLA the HUN Well-Known Member

Turkey
    David,
    Did you meet any problem Figure assembly or ???
    And do you suggest this figure for buy To paint???
    Thanks for sharing.
  7. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Tried to use the same colours throughout the figure , mainly blues and purples.For the flesh I used all my normal colours(see other posts) but with the addition of Carmine & Indigo.For the clothing mixes of mainly blues Cobalt,Ultramarine & Indigo with Madder & Carmine added for for the purples.Other colours used included Raw umber,Naples yellow ,Mars orange and Paynes grey.The metals on the axe heads are all done with the NMP technique using Indigo,Paynes grey & Titanium white.Hope this has been of some help.

Cheers David
    abbo likes this.
  8. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Hi Serkan I would highly reccomend this figure.The casting is superb with only the hand holding the axe and the quiver to attach.

Cheers David
    ATTİLA the HUN likes this.
  9. ATTİLA the HUN Well-Known Member

Turkey
    Thanks for further info.
  10. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi David
    in the words of Father Jack! what the feck is the NMP technique is it sexual :D
  11. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Not sure myself Ron, just made it up to confuse you.:LOL: Just means I didnt use metalic paints on the axe and shoulder plates.

Cheers David
  12. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Doesn't take much to confuse me these days:ROFLMAO: so what paint was it:sneaky:
  13. Kevin D. Well-Known Member

United-States
    David,

Your non metallics ROCK!!!!! Love the ground work as well and your color choices are superb but, the non metallics!!!! Holy Smokes!!!!!

Kevin D.
  14. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Hi Ron just good old fashioned oils:rolleyes:Thanks Kevin it was the first time I had tried NM and had alot of fun with it.

Cheers David
  15. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
  16. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Great groundwork and the cool colours fit together very well

Ulrich
  17. Kirtles Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Nice work David!
  18. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Just have to agree with everyone else and say how nice this one looks, great setting and great painting
    Ben
  19. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Looks great! Love the groundwork!

Jason
  20. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Thanks again guys for all great comments, as always much appreciated.

Cheers David