Completed T800 Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by kilsh, Jun 22, 2014.

1. kilsh Well-Known Member

England
    Hi

Just completed this from ASR. Its a great sculpt an a fantastic likeness of Arnie. Moulding production is very impressive and well on a par with more established companies and better than many. Sergey offered me the optical option which I took and I would never has made a neat a job as it was in the kit. Richard at Oakwood kindly made me a routered base to take the electronics which must have been a real pain as cutting the stuff is a nightmare.

Only real problem was the fine resin bracket holding the sights to the pistol was warped and no end of boiling water would stop it from reverting. Finally I used a small pin to keep it straight.

Flesh and leather in oils, rest acrylics and Alclad with a fire grate wash for the pistol to get the graining effect. An enjoyable diversion from my usual stuff.

[IMG]IMG_1469 by neilkilshaw, on Flickr

[IMG]IMG_1479 by neilkilshaw, on Flickr

[IMG]IMG_1478 by neilkilshaw, on Flickr

[IMG]IMG_1477 by neilkilshaw, on Flickr
    Karlosfandango likes this.
  2. swralph A Fixture

Nice paintwork
    kilsh likes this.
  3. Adrian Cowdry Well-Known Member

Very cool - like the effect you have with the electronic eye. And the sunglasses

I can't see on the photo's but Arnie did have eyebrows - it may just be the lighting in the photo - I am doing the same bust and have put in a dark eyebrow to be highlighted - not finished yet.
    kilsh likes this.
  4. kilsh Well-Known Member

England
    Thanks for the likes and comments

Adrian you win the prize for spotting the missing eyebrows!

Back under the brush then

Cheers

Neil
  5. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Excellent Neil.(y)
    kilsh likes this.
  6. Adrian Cowdry Well-Known Member

I know the problem - when you see the images of Arnie in sunglasses the eyebrows don't register - then you see him without sunglasses and his eyebrows are quite blonde compared to his hair.
    kilsh likes this.
  7. kilsh Well-Known Member

England
    You are right Adrian, bit odd really, think they may be tricky to get right too. Il will give a go at the weekend.

Looking forward to seeing your version

Cheers

Neil