1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed T.e Lawrence Of Arabia

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by smudger1960, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Helm A Fixture

England
    Couldn't agree more Keith I too prefer the realistic look to the porcelain figure. I am not taking anything away from the skills of the guys who do that style, I only wish I could paint even remotely close to that standard,it's just the "look" of the thing to me

Steve
  2. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Got to agree with Keith, superbly painted Corps ;)

Not yours Brian , that was superb
  3. dancap3286 A Fixture

United-States
    stunning work! That's about all I can say.
  4. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Very impressive and dynamic vignette. Love the oils and affects, Bravo!

Cheers, Ski.
  5. Don Well-Known Member

Saw this at Euro and Brian has done a wonderful job of the whole concept. Have not seen many camels as well painted as this, believe me its super. It was one of the highlights of the show for me, perhaps not a BOS but well up there in my mind.

Don
  6. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Careful Brian ,what Don refers to as Camels might be something totally different :p
    remember he lives in Ayrshire
  7. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks terry for your kind coments (y)
  8. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks dan for your coments (y)
  9. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks Dr force,it took some time but i'm well pleased with the result (y)
  10. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks alexandros for your kind coments and support (y)
    sarouman likes this.
  11. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Martin many thanks for your kind coments,to be honest even i knew it would'nt make gold but i was hoping for a medal and fortunately i recieved a comended and i'm very happy about that,(y)
  12. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks jazz for your kind words,it wa\s never going to reach the standard of gold and i'm very happy i recieved a comended medal for it (y)
  13. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks keith for your kind coments,they are always appriciated mate,as i've said in the other replies i am over the moon with a comended,i dont think it deserved a gold as they're were one or two things i was'nt happy about in the final presentation,but i'm well happy with the comended medal (y)
  14. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks don for your continued support,it is really appriciated,the comended medal i recieved was brilliant,i was really pleased with that (y)
  15. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Ha Ha Ron :LOL: i think i know what you mean (y),good to hear from you mate,glad you all got home safely
  16. Don Well-Known Member

Dont sell yourself short mate, a lot of people thought you had done a great job. Great pity the judges guide dog didnt.
    Great job mate.

Don
  17. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Thanks again Don,i'm going to be thinking the classes through very thourghly before next year,classes 1 / 2 / 3 are tough to compete in,i'm thinking of a different approach for next year,i'll keep you posted mate (y)
  18. Christosjager A Fixture

Greece
    Great job Brian, well done and congrats for your medal !!!
    sarouman likes this.
  19. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Brian,
    From what I've seen from the photo's, your Lawrence of Arabia is a master class. I would have lost money on this, I personally thought this was a gold winner too. Anyway very well done and to go with your commended, I present you with the Order of the Chimp, our top (banana) award.
    cheers
    Richie
    monkey award.jpg
  20. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    I've always found a problem with this reality versus artistic painting,especially when it comes to judging .I personnally prefer realism but i must admit there are some "artistic" painted figures that look very good and i admire the work that's went into them.Here's a scenario,2 identical commercial figures,one being perfectly painted to a realistic theme and the other perfectly painted to the artistic theme,which one gets the nod.If a judge selects one over the other then he's shown bias which in judging rules is a no-no.Probably the right thing to do would be to give them the same award.
    I've always had a problem with the over the top style figures which bear no resemblance to a real person,but i hesitate in showing any examples as i wouldn't want to offend anyone for their style ,although beautiful but unrealistic.
    Brian